1.    #1  
    I'm getting really irritated with this...

I've tried downloading over wifi and evdo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roisen; 10/04/2009 at 09:38 PM.
    I'm in the same boat. I've tried restarts, cold boots, etc to no avail.
    nice, mine keeps asking to install it but I don't want to screw up my tweaks
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'm right there with you. I can't get mine to install either. Palm says the WebOSDoctor for 1.2.1 should be out in the next two weeks. They didn't seem to have any solutions.
    Try this, it worked for me.

I had this issue and the partial erase wouldnt work, it would just hang and not do anything. I also could not remote wipe it from the web. After calling Sprint and being passed off to Palm tech for over an hour I figured out how to fix it.

Before starting this you might want to backup your phone, set it up as usb and copy wallpapers ringtones etc from it. Also it couldnt hurt to backup the phone goto launcher then click backup.

Ok now on to the fix.

1. I got the MSL # from sprint Just call them and tell them you spoke to Palm and they need you to do a full reset and need the MSL I got it right away.

2. Dial ##786# scroll to the bottom and click reset enter the MSL and click ok. Mine hung and didnt reset. If yours does then youre all set just re log into palm profile and youre good to go.

3. I downloaded the Palm Os Doctor from Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Using Palm webOS Doctor

4. Restarted phone and computer (not sure if it was necessary but its what I did)

5. Turn off phone.

6. Launch Os Doctor install the drivers click through.

7. Press the up volume key (side key that you use to raise the volume)

8. Plug in the usb cable while holding the up key.

9. You should see a large white usb icon on the phone.

10. Click next on the OS Doctor program it will redownload the software from the server and upload to the Pre. You should see a large arrow and microchip on the screen.

Once this was done I was able to sign into the palm profile and update.

Hope this helps.
    i had that problem when trying to download it over wifi...i restarted, still didn't work, then I just tried downloading it over evdo...seemed to work for me...
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I could do that but I don't want to wipe my phone if at all possible. I don't want to lose my notes or my SplashID data. I wish there was a way to back all that data up and then restore it after the update. I ran the WebOSRepair utility but everything was fine. I don't know what the issue could be.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    i had that problem when trying to download it over wifi...i restarted, still didn't work, then I just tried downloading it over evdo...seemed to work for me...
    You got lucky. Mine won't update over EVDO or WiFi.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    How many threads do we need like this?

Do you think Palm purposely is keeping it from you?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Was having the same problem. I ran WebOS doc and started fresh with 1.2.0....ran the update program and it found 1.2.1
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby3eb View Post
    How many threads do we need like this?

Do you think Palm purposely is keeping it from you?
    Honestly, I'm irritated that I can't update, and I was coming here to ask if Palm was rolling out to some areas before others to keep their backend running smoothly or something like that. I did a few searches and scrolled back a few pages and couldn't find a topic that covered this.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Are you on sprint or Bell?
    Yeah ... I'm still getting that (Your phone is up to date.) this morning still. I to have tried restarting, cold reboots ... EV and WiFi ... Nothing makes a difference. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to find it. I almost wondered if perhaps Palm pulled the update or something. But I think by now we would have heard something if that were the case.
  14.    #14  
    Sprint.

I guess I don't really need the update. I don't use exchange or iTunes. I just obsessively keep all of my software up to date. It bothers me if I don't, and nobody will ever know how incredibly happy I get when an nvidia driver update comes out, or when I get a notification telling me that updates are available for windows. Could this be a disorder? Obsessively checking for 1.2.1 / windows updates / new drivers is interfering with my day to day life... (posting from my physics lecture)
    works great for me
    I am unable to get the update as well, when I get upgraded to 1.2 it kept installing new instances of 1.2 before finally realizing I already have 1.2 installed. I am guessing its a bug with the update process.

I don't want to WebOS Doctor it, there is no reason. Everything is working fine as it should, going through the backup and recovery process is annoying. This is my third Pre, the first had a defective antenna, the second had random shut-offs and a malfunctioning keyboard, and this third has some light screen damage but you know what it works perfectly...with the exception of no update 1.2.1 update.
  17.    #17  
    update: Still no 1.2.1. I really want to install some tweaks but hardly any of them are verified for 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Was having the same problem. I ran WebOS doc and started fresh with 1.2.0....ran the update program and it found 1.2.1
    Same here.

I spent about 3 hours yesterday trying everything I could think of to get 1.2.1 to detect and install. I even let the updater run over night, in the morning it was still spinning.

This morning I just ran WebDoctor (hate losing all my texts history) to 1.2, ran the update, it immediately worked.
  19.    #19  
    So it looks like that's the only solution then...

So running the doctor will set my phone back to factory, right?

And what all does the profile back up?
  20.    #20  
    Well I finally bit the bullet and updated to 1.2.1 the hard way. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. This whole cloud thing is pretty useful.