Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I would love to have my "memo" app be my background. I like to keep my little "to do" notes on my memo app, but I'm constantly closing all of my cards after I use them to save on battery life. Even when I want to keep my memo app open to remind me about something I end up forgetting and swiping the card away.

If I understood how the "task manager" functioned a little better I guess I could use that, but I think having the memo app as my background would be sweet. I don't know how I would undo it or whatever to type in or delete a new memo, but I'm sure you developers could figure it out. Anyway, just a thought...

P.S. I thought about this because I need to get my suit dry cleaned tomorrow for an interview on Wednesday, and I started typing it in my memo app and immediately swiped it up where I'll forget about it for a couple days. By then it'll be too late to get the suit dry cleaned.
    not a bad idea. but if you set a task with a due date of tomorrow then you will get a notification pop up reminding you to get your suit dry cleaned...and the task icon would stay there until you dismiss it or mark it as completed.
    I use the task app for reminders of to-do items almost every day.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    not a bad idea. but if you set a task with a due date of tomorrow then you will get a notification pop up reminding you to get your suit dry cleaned...and the task icon would stay there until you dismiss it or mark it as completed.
    I use the task app for reminders of to-do items almost every day.
    Hmmm, really? When will I get the "reminder?" I just tried to set it up, but I couldn't choose a time, so I didn't do it. I leave my phone on all night charging on my nightstand, and I go to bed around 10pm. Will it give me a "reminder" at midnight when I'm asleep (hence waking me up)? Or does the reminder go off at the time you have your "calendar" app day set to start, i.e., 7am for me?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    not to derail this conversation, but you really dont need to close your apps to save battery life. most simple apps, such as the tasks or memo app, drain little to no battery when idle. honestly, I think it helped when i started leaving apps open, since I didn't have to continuously open and close them.

perhaps (at least until someone writes an app like you are asking for) try leaving the memo or task app open all day.
    You can definitely set an "get suit dry cleaned" appointment with yourself in your calendar to go off at a specific time. The reminder icon would also stay there until you dismiss it or mark it as completed.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    You can definitely set an "get suit dry cleaned" appointment with yourself in your calendar to go off at a specific time. The reminder icon would also stay there until you dismiss it or mark it as completed.
    I'm confused. Are you sure you're not getting the "tasks" and "calendar" mixed up? I understand setting up a "get suit dry cleaned" appointment in my calendar and then having a reminder pop up like I do for other types of appointments. The part where you lost me was where you say "or mark it as completed." How can I do that in the calendar?

P.S. I did a search on "tasks" and I've come close to getting the answer to my question, but not exactly.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I think this is what you need to do:

1. open up tasks,
    2. create a new list by pressing the button on the lower left, call it 'memos' if you want.
    3. create a new task by pressing the button on the lower left (or by pressing enter)
    4. tap on the 'i' with a circle around it.
    5. tap where it says 'no due date' and change it to 'today'.
    6. as soon as you do a back gesture, a notification will pop up, and it wont go away until you dismiss it or complete the task by tapping on the square next to it and checking it off.