1.    #1  
    Although I love my Pre and am keeping it, there are a lot of things I miss about having the Android OS. One thing for me is why do we have a launcher bar at the bottom of the screen with only 4 programs (and a launcher button)? That leaves nothing but 2 1/2 inches of wasted space above it.

On Android, the whole screen had whatever icons or widgets that you could fit there. Then, the rest were all inside the very similar launcher windows.

Is it possible (without rewriting the whole OS) to make this possible? I understand some of you like having a wallpaper, but I would rather have my favorite icons there.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Yeah I definitely agree with you. I love my Pre but I really want widgets and atleast the option to put icons on the 'desktop' and even let me make folders to put them in. I think this would really set the Pre that much farther ahead of other OS'
    it would be nice to be able to drag your icons all over your desktop, like widgets on some samsung touch screen phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint_fan View Post
    it would be nice to be able to drag your icons all over your desktop, like widgets on some samsung touch screen phones!
    but then you would have to close open applications to access those apps.
    widgets would make the phone a lot more functional. I think palm is against widgets from what I have seen from responses. I brought this us a while back. I would love some news and sports widgets myself...oh and weather would be a big plus. I hate having to open an app for weather
    I agree with widgets. I know that you would have to close apps to get to it, but at least some widgets where you didn't have to open applications to get to them.