1.    #1  
    So let me make sure I'm getting this correct...

You are saying all I need is to install this on my PC and this program will let me install themes and non-offical apps to my phone without causing any harm to the phone?

Also I read that when a new OS update comes out from Palm that you have to uninstall anything you have installed with it because it could mess up the install of the OS upgrade...what a PITA! That reminds me when I jailbroke my iPhone, God it was such a PITA to get all that stuff back.

Also when I looked at screen shots of this program it looked like it was screen shots of a MAC version, is there a windows version too?
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    Yes.

Yes, Just the system tweaks you apply, not any apps but its easy quick and painless...edit*

Yes.
    There is a Mac, Windows, and Linux version. The idea of uninstalling any tweaks (such as file modifications and/or patches) is advised, but not always necessary (I just updated to 1.21 from 1.20 without any problems - LED notifications still worked) - but just uninstalling the homebrew apps shouldn't be necessary as far as I can tell.

Otherwise, put your phone in developer mode ( by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart ) and then run quick install and have lots of fun!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    The easiest and least painful route is to download WebOSInstaller and then put Preware on your phone. With Preware you can add themes and tweaks on the go and uninstall on the go as well.

I did not uninstall my tweaks when I updated from 1.2 to 1.21 and it jacked my phone so personally I think it's better safe than sorry. However, you do not need to uninstall any applications.