1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

I managed to upload files to my Pre via WinSCP, some wallpapers in particular. But somehow the Photos App never sees them, no matter where I put them. What's wrong? I'm on WebOS 1.2.1

Thanks!
    George
    I had that problem as well. Funny thing was it didn't happen for every image file. I suspect a permissions issue since you have to modify permissions to use winscp to send directly to /media/internal. I never figured it out. I ended up using the dr to get back to normal and haven't reinstalled sftp.
    Verify that they are file types recognized by the photo app? It only does JPG, BMP, and PNG.
  4.    #4  
    Strangely I didn't need to modify the permissions (I tried to but got "Operation not Permitted" etc.) to be able to upload and all those "new" files are showing "root:root" just like the original wallpapers that came with the Pre....

Everytime I add/delete a file in the wallpaper folder, I could see that the Photos App "refreshes" but it never sees the changes.

This is driving me nuts. Now I can only use USB, which should be SO unnecessary...

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I had that problem as well. Funny thing was it didn't happen for every image file. I suspect a permissions issue since you have to modify permissions to use winscp to send directly to /media/internal. I never figured it out. I ended up using the dr to get back to normal and haven't reinstalled sftp.
  5.    #5  
    Definitely normal files because I downloaded off Prethemer...

Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Verify that they are file types recognized by the photo app? It only does JPG, BMP, and PNG.
  6.    #6  
    It is so true! It doesn't happen for every image file.....

But still can't figure out the difference between the "good" files and the "bad" files....

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imgeorgelin View Post
    Hi Guys,

I managed to upload files to my Pre via WinSCP, some wallpapers in particular. But somehow the Photos App never sees them, no matter where I put them. What's wrong? I'm on WebOS 1.2.1

Thanks!
    George
    This particular problem kept bugging me, and I've seen a few others that have the same problem, but no one seemed to have an answer.

I think I've figured it out, but would like a few folks that use WinSCP to move files around to try it and let me know if my suspicions are true.

Here's what I think is happening. The files are listed reading a database (this I know for sure, I've found the database). This is the part that is "theory", that database is only updated when you connect the Pre as a USB device.

I regularly had problems with pic files not being recognized, and also problems with files that were deleted (via WinSCP) still showing as an empty thumbnail. Nothing seemed to work. One day for some unknown reason (I don't typically do it), I needed to connect as a USB drive at work. Next time I used the Photo App, all of the pictures were as they should be. I got to thinking, and connecting as USB seemed to be the only thing I had done differently. Ran a few tests (3 or 4), and this seems to be what's going on.