1.    #1  
    Ok, I've been with sprint/Pre for 8 days now and this is beyond love! I keep thinking about the Hero, but apps seem to be the route of quantity over quality, plus I just LOVE the whole WebOs system. Amazing. LOVE it!

Ok, i'll get back on track...I came form windows mobile and the only thing I miss from that clunky world of winmo was microsoft live search/bing it was a great app, only needing your voice to find what you were looking for...the second best part of the app was that once you found what you were looking for was that you had the ability to save the contact # along with address right to your contact list...now is there any app like this with the ease i'm talking about for the palm pre?

sorry I rambled so much...

LOVE THIS PRE!

Chris
    Nothing yet that I am aware of, but it's only a matter of time!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    As for voice search, nothing right now. Microphone access isn't in the SDK so it's not possible without working directly with Palm. On my Blackberry, Google had the same feature. Maybe they're working on it for WebOS?

For saving information, use universal search. Just start typing in the name of the business you're looking for, click google. When you get the results, click on the phone number and it'll launch the dialer. You can then click the Add to Contacts button. Unfortunately, it won't auto fill out the address and all that for you. That'd be a nice feature to have though.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the quick response!

I think that was the only usefull app microsoft ever made, and it was one of the few that worked relatively well...of course like most microsoft things it on occasion could get quirky, like when it wouldn't close even through taskmanager.

Oh I'm so glad those days are behind me...this phone is simply amazing!

Chris
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Looks like that app is actually going to be out of commission too. Guess you're not going to be missing anything leaving WinMo behind, haha.

Microsoft Recite killed off, but why?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    There are a couple of apps that allow you to save info as a contact! Sprint nav allows you to save as a contact, also Yelp they both work well!