Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you use Ubuntu, see this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...de-ubuntu.html
    and bypass the Music Player mode all together.
    [QUOTE=LupeValenz;1993221]The majority of the team is from Apple, they are not wasting alot of resources to getting itunes to sync."

But this is why they have lost Palm's "special sauce" for PIMS. Too much apple influence and not enough Palm. And that is why I left the pre for the hero.

I loved Palm since the original palm pilot. But the poor PIM performance, especially the calendar, was unacceptable. They had it nearly perfect, especially with Datebk6, but went years backward with the pre.

Even the freebie phones my kids get come with more basic features than the pre. I had hoped the app store would solve this. Not even close.

I now have the hero that works great. The 7 "scenes" are like 7 open cards. The calendar is fast and workable (not as good as datebk6, but workable). And I can edit documents, and have a native drug app that actually works very well.

I will check out the moment for the hard keyboard. I have found the soft keyboard with the hero is very intuitive with its suggestions.

I am very sorry to leave palm, and I will come back if they get their act together. I am not optimistic. I think android is going to kill them, and hurt apple real bad as well with multiple phones and multiple carriers. This thread summaries my frustration with the calendar:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-calendar.html
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    I bought the Pre for a few reasons. First I'm a gadget junkie. I upgrade phones like every 6 months. Always have to have the latest and greatest. Secondly I listened to all the hype surrounding the Pre (big mistake) instead of waiting and doing a thorough investigation of the device. Thirdly after playing around with it before it's release date I actually liked the ease and feel of WebOS and still do. But I wrongly assumed that the basic features that are present on other phones and Palm devices alike would be present on the Pre (hugh mistake). For example, say you buy a new car. You would assume that it comes with a radio, heat and dome-light. Like every other car on the market and all the other cars made by that manufacture, only to find out that these things aren't included because it's a "new" car. An assumption, but one that really shouldn't be because every other car has these features. Same thing with the Pre. Do I like the ease and feel of WebOS? Yes I love it! Do I appreciate being a guinea pig for Palm so they can raise their stock prices? No! Will I drop another $300 + on another Palm device? Heck no! Especially when there are numerous phones on the market that can do what the Pre can do plus a slew more things. The whole multi tasking claim to fame is also starting to where thin. Listening to Pandora while navigating is useless and unimpressive to me. Meanwhile Android is starting to really catch steam. WinMo 7 is around the corner (Thank God) and Apple is still chugging along.
    I agree with the op, **!$ a iTunes palm...there are much better options out there to get music on our pre's

Time wasted on making itunes work is time that needs to fix a lot of things. Web app memory leaks, unnecessary links opening in web when zooming (always happens to me), customization for sounds, speed improvements, et...

I could go on and on....

Continue to dabble and waste time with itunes and the webos will FAIL. No real improvements being held back by itunes is a failure...
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I loved Palm since the original palm pilot. But the poor PIM performance, especially the calendar, was unacceptable. They had it nearly perfect, especially with Datebk6, but went years backward with the pre.
    the problem with this (and so many similar arguments) is that Palm didn't get anything right with Datebk. It was developed by a third party developer. We are already seeing third party developers far faster with the @pre than we did with the Palm Pilot.

As a matter of fact, the argument can be made that it was because of the feature shortfall in the original Pilot that progrmas like Datebk and Agendus flourished.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    unnecessary links opening in web when zooming (always happens to me),
    That has been happening to me, too, ever since the last update!

I also preferred how tapping in a text field was before the last update (didn't zoom in to what it thinks is a good view). I could still type and read the text in most text boxes when I had it zoomed so the box fit the screen, but now it automatically zooms in so a lot of the box is off the side of the screen - and it doesn't follow the cursor! That was not a good update IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    That has been happening to me, too, ever since the last update!

I also preferred how tapping in a text field was before the last update (didn't zoom in to what it thinks is a good view). I could still type and read the text in most text boxes when I had it zoomed so the box fit the screen, but now it automatically zooms in so a lot of the box is off the side of the screen - and it doesn't follow the cursor! That was not a good update IMO.
    I thought this thread was worthy of a bump to knock down the endless itune praise threads.

Yes, I prefer the old zoom style 1.11. And also hate how the text field doesn't follow along. *sigh* iTunes OS here we come...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12