Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    So less than two weeks until release, has anyone from the UK ordered a Pre yet? If so, where from?

Any good deals or offers around to take advantage of? Naturally I want one on launch day
    I'm keen to get one on O2.

However I expect I'll hold back for 2 reasons:
    1) It looks like the UK model will be running 1.1.x until November, which is a bit boring.
    2) If the Pre is not that popular in the first few weeks, they may do some keener deals.

But I may not be able to wait ...
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I dont see how they can discount it much given its free on a 2yr contract....Then again, this is O2. I want one launch day too!
    The only thing that may change is the amount of minutes/text on the 2 year contract the normally give you 1000 texts a month with , but I can see them lowering the price on the 18 month £35/month contact, it wouldnt shock me if my Xmas you could get the Pre for £74.99 on and 18 month contract and the number of text is increased to 750 (from 500).

Also with Vodaphone and Orange getting the iPhone we may see some very competive offers and as the Pre is priced at the same level as the iPhone on O2 O2 and by exention the Pre would have to remain competitive.

Also one thing most forget with the O2 contract is the free wifi/hotspot access which is worth about £5/month on its own Im not sure if orange or Vodaphone offer this.
    So everton86 you getting a Pre on launch day? How you getting it, in store or online?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'll be picking it up from the store on launch day, so long as Vodafone and Royal Mail manage to get my PAC to me in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    I'll be picking it up from the store on launch day, so long as Vodafone and Royal Mail manage to get my PAC to me in time.
    Are the stores offering the same tariffs as online? when i last took out my 18 month contract 18 months ago online tariffs had double the texts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Really want one on launch but simfree/unlocked. Is it definitely unavailable in this form? Do we have any O2 insiders here?
  9. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Ive had three phones from O2 and never has one been locked. Do we know for sure they are locked to O2?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    Are the stores offering the same tariffs as online?
    I assume so - the press release didn't mention anything about special web deals. I'll be bringing a copy of the tariffs table in with me to make sure I get what I expect on the day, though.
    I'll be in there on launch day to get mine, have waited long enough so can't wait any longer
    Are o2 holding any launch parties in the UK? I read on the o2 forums that some customers have had a email asking them to text a number for the chance for an invite to a launch party. If you buy a Pre there you get a free touchstone and 2 free tickets to Top Gear live. I did not get an email though
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    So everton86 you getting a Pre on launch day? How you getting it, in store or online?
    Iím going to pick it up on the way to work on the 16th, I work in Liverpool City Centre; we have 2 O2 stores, 3 carphone warehouse stores and 3 Phones4U stores. So I think I am more than covered

The only thing I have to decide is if Iím getting it on 24 months like I originally planned or do I pay the £96 and get it on 18 months?

Decisions, Decisions.
    I am also still wondering whether to go with 18 months or 24 months. The Pre will no doubt be a great phone but the thought of not getting a new phone until october 2011 really puts me off the 24 month contract. With the 18 months we could get an upgrade around april 2011. Who knows what Palm phones there will be around then, maybe Pre 2 think i am going down the 18 month route. The only other thing bothering me with the o2 tariff is the 500 text. I usually send around 700 a month so might need the 500 text bolt on for £7.34. Can this be added and removed when needed?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Ive had three phones from O2 and never has one been locked. Do we know for sure they are locked to O2?
    I've had a Nokia 6510 and Nokia 8800 (both at launch), from O2, and they were never locked... however...

The iPhones that O2 had were locked, right? Its my understanding that to unlock them you had to jailbreak them. Hence, a similar process may be needed for the Pre?
    As the Pre is an O2 exclusive the assumption we need to make is that it will follow the iPhone in being locked.

Is 02 even doing pre-orders? There is nothing online until launch day and of the stores I have visited none had any idea with one even having to check what the launch date was.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    When the 3Gs came out they did an automatic unlimited text upgrade which if you called up and asked you got it. They might do something similar when the Pre comes out

I'm personally going for 24 months and I figure if the Pre 2 comes out my Pre 1 might have an unfortunate accident
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm taking the 2 year contract - I've put up with this awful Samsung dumbphone for 18 months, and I'm pretty sure I'll be happy enough to use the Pre for at least that long.

I've never been one to need the latest & greatest at every opportunity, so being "stuck" with a phone for a couple of years isn't a massive problem for me.
  19. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Went into my local O2 shop today, they said they wont be having any out on display ahead of the 16th Wanted to see one in the flesh
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Went into my local O2 shop today, they said they wont be having any out on display ahead of the 16th Wanted to see one in the flesh
    Don't suppose they said/you asked anything around sim-free availability?

Both Expansys and Play.com are showing the Pre on their website, they obviously would only sell sim-free.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast