Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    I saw last night on. Expansys in uk that they had 7 unlcoked devices available but for 499.99. Ouch it looks like these are imported from germany
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yes - ouch. Is that for the QWERTZ keyboard model? Expansys' site is horrid on my mobile browser.
    How is everyone getting on now they have had their pre for 24 hours? I love the OS! Battery seems better than expected also, I did come from a windows mobile device though lol. I have downloaded a few apps from the app catelog,some say for US only but they seems to work ok is everyone fairly happy? (posted from my pre )
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    Yes - ouch. Is that for the QWERTZ keyboard model? Expansys' site is horrid on my mobile browser.
    Yes it is! This was the information from the site:

"Please note: when you start this unit for the first time, you can select your language from English, German, Spanish, French or Italian. The QWERTZ keypad is the same as a QWERTY keypad, the only difference is the Z and Y locations are swapped around.

These units are factory unlocked and work on any UK network. The packaging has some O2 branding but the device is purely Palm-branded. A full English manual can be downloaded here."
    Well I've had mine now for just over 12 hours and loving it! It's fantastic, got Preware on there and installed lots of stuff. Some things don't work but most of the good stuff does.
    Quote Originally Posted by leowyatt View Post
    Well I've had mine now for just over 12 hours and loving it! It's fantastic, got Preware on there and installed lots of stuff. Some things don't work but most of the good stuff does.
    Hi, hope to get mine on Monday as I'm out most of the weekend, so I'm envious of you right now

Sorry if this is a silly FAQ, but how did you install the Preware? Is it listed on the Palm App store, or is it linked via PreCentral.

I expect I'll pick it quickly when I get mine, but anything to speed up the learning process ...
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I posted in the main Pre forum before this one exisited Anyone having a problem with loss (or lack of resumption) of data connectivity when coming out of a bad signal area?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
    I posted in the main Pre forum before this one exisited Anyone having a problem with loss (or lack of resumption) of data connectivity when coming out of a bad signal area?
    yep - i get that. very annoying especially on my train commute where i lose signal quite regularly
    Ahhh. Have you tried a full reset? Just done one myself and we'll see over the next few days. Otherwise, I'll get a swapout.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    It's hard to believe the Germans are the only ones in the entire planet with an Unlocked GSM Pre... and they're really making a killing on ebay
    Qwerty, unlocked.

Palm Pre (UK, BLACK) Sim Free PDA Phone - - Mobile Phones - Superetrader - Sim Free Unlocked Mobile Phones & Accessories Store
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567