Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hi people,

I got my Pre this morning as well.
    I heard there is an update ( 1.1.3).

Does anyone know how to update?
    Also, just installed Preware, and launched it. It's been in "Updating" for the last half hour..... Does anyone know how long it takes to finish?

Cheers
  2. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    OK took the touchstone back, they plugged it in and worked immediately. Seems it may be the extension cable I'm using in work!!!!
    Will try later at home....lol
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    According to the Palm supourt guy my google calendar problem is a know issue with 1.1.2 and is fixed in 1.1.3 I will try that and see if it works.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    According to the Palm supourt guy my google calendar problem is a know issue with 1.1.2 and is fixed in 1.1.3 I will try that and see if it works.
    Ok that worked, had to go outside at work to get a 3G signal and then remove my google account and re add but now syncing fine.
    Last edited by Benuk; 10/16/2009 at 08:47 AM.
    Just got mine with free Touchstone!
    The girlfriend says I can't play with it until my birthday tho

FWIW, I rang the O2 stores around here and some didn't know anything about the free Touchstone, one said they wanted to do it but area office wouldn't let them, and finally the last one said yes. I asked if they'd sold 10 - they said they couldn't tell me that information (surprise ). I rushed out there and I think I was the first of the 10, and this was at 2:00PM.
    O2 business has just confirmed that my port date is the 25th. I basically have a paperweight for around 10 days.

To say that I am unhappy would be an understatement. Has anyone dealt with O2 business before?
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
  7. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Just called O2 to port my number over...Being done Wednesday now as their porting dept has closed for the weekend,

Very smooth and efficient IMO
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Not sure how widely known it is, but O2 just informed me that palm have an O2/UK specific support section of their website online at http://www.palm.com/preo2-support

Hope that is of some use
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Good think - thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Not sure how widely known it is, but O2 just informed me that palm have an O2/UK specific support section of their website online palm.com/preo2-support

Hope that is of some use
    ..try as I might I can't find the section that tells you how to bypass the activation process....
    How much is the ETF for o2 UK?
    In other words, If you were to sign a contract and cancel it before the contract expires, how much will you have to pay for early contract termination?
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    How much is the ETF for o2 UK?
    In other words, If you were to sign a contract and cancel it before the contract expires, how much will you have to pay for early contract termination?
    You have to pay the remainder if your contract off.
    Example if you are on a 18 month contract at 35 a month and 2 months into it you want to cancel:

16 (months) x 35 (a month) = a bargain of 560 ETF

I think its pretty standard practice. It defo is for Orange because I called up 2 days ago trying to get out of my current contract...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    T-Mobile give you a 5% discount, I seem to recall.

That's kinda why I want an unlocked WebOS device...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Got mine this morning and its currently also waiting for a number port, looks like I may have got the first Oreo one in the UK though :| Will have to phone the O2 shop and see if they have got any left and get it swapped out.

Also my google calendar doesnt apear to be syncing, contacts and mail are ok though
    What do you mean by the oreo effect. My device screen has a ever so slight movement but nothing massive
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Hi, a lot of US owners reported excessive play in the slider mine had a little wobble this morning but it has gradualy got worse. Mine now rotates about 3 - 4mm to the right when closed. Its enough to make me want to swap it out I'll see what they say at the o2 shop tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Three to four millimeters! Wow. That's a lot of play. I'm sure O2 won't quibble that... right?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    They shouldn't do as its less than 24hours old! I'll let you know what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    You have to pay the remainder if your contract off.
    Example if you are on a 18 month contract at 35 a month and 2 months into it you want to cancel:

16 (months) x 35 (a month) = a bargain of 560 ETF

I think its pretty standard practice. It defo is for Orange because I called up 2 days ago trying to get out of my current contract...
    Holy cow. they really get you by the balls dont they?
    I guess that puts that idea to rest. I wish I could get one somehow without all this pain
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by medmansri View Post
    Holy cow. they really get you by the balls dont they?
    I guess that puts that idea to rest. I wish I could get one somehow without all this pain
    Tell me about it. It pretty much dashed my hopes of getting out of my Orange deal (which, incidentally, I am very happy with).

Hence I'd really like to get the Pre offline/unlocked - hoping someone out there can find a way to use the Pre on T-Mobile UK / Orange UK / Vodafone UK. That would really boost sales for Palm too.
    It's hard to believe the Germans are the only ones in the entire planet with an Unlocked GSM Pre... and they're really making a killing on ebay
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast