Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Got mine this morning too. First customer in the Cwmbran O2 store and the proud owner of a pre and touchstone. The phone is stunning (hardware build quality seems excellent too), but my touchstone isn't working. I can only get it to charge from the USB port, despite having the correct back on, the TS plugged into the wall. Think it'll have to go back later
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I hate you!

Glad you got yours after the long wait

No Pre this christmas for the rest of us in europe.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    got mine today, yay!

there was one other guy buying before I got to the shop (about 20 mins after they opened) and few other people enquirying.

spent all morning playing around with it and i love it! they build quality is quite good especially considering how bad everyone was making it out to be. still getting used to WebOS.

no special touchstone deals at my O2 and at £50 I think i'll wait until Amazon or someone can offer it cheaper.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Sounds good!!

Someone start a thread so you can all start posting pics and opinions of your experiences! Hopefully none of these will contain the infamous "cracked screen" or "it keeps rebooting" or the "oreo/loose screen effect"

Apart from this place, I do not know anywhere else on the web that is targeted to UK owners of the Pre [resources, etc] so I presume we're sticking to this place for the latest info?
    Got my pre at 10am this morning. just setting it all up, its downloading the update atm. Got a free touchstone and back cover also YAY as others have said OS is amazing, hardware seems good also. Will report back soon. Finally have my Pre
    I have it charging on the Touchstone but I now need to wait on O2 to port my number over. Unfortunately I was unable to port my number back to O2 pre². It is a beautiful paperweight at the moment.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Got mine this morning and its currently also waiting for a number port, looks like I may have got the first Oreo one in the UK though :| Will have to phone the O2 shop and see if they have got any left and get it swapped out.

Also my google calendar doesnt apear to be syncing, contacts and mail are ok though
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Is there any 'knack' to the Touchstone or is mine just faulty?
    is everyone on 1.1.2 of WebOS aswell? I thought it was going to be 1.1.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreUK View Post
    Got my pre at 10am this morning. just setting it all up, its downloading the update atm. Got a free touchstone and back cover also YAY as others have said OS is amazing, hardware seems good also. Will report back soon. Finally have my Pre
    which O2 did you buy it from?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Hi, My touchstone is working fine just got to 100% charge I was tempted to get another for the office but I think I'll wait till they apear online elsewhere

It says there is an update available but wants to wait until there is a highspeed network available to download it
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Someone who picked up their UK Pre today is rocking 1.1.3, see here and look for comments by user 'Aaron Rhodes':
    Palm Pre now available on O2 UK
    Quote Originally Posted by benssson View Post
    which O2 did you buy it from?
    Got it from o2 in braehead shopping centre glasgow. The pre comes with 1.1.2 but if you do an update it will upgrade to 1.1.3 no idea what the difference id though only 1 MB. I have mine connected to WIFI so it downloaded update straight away. No oreo on my pre benuk, why dont you just go with it just now? its got a 24 month warranty anyways
    Mine is currently on it's way from edinburgh! \o/

The free touchstones was a load of tosh! Tried to get it but had to pay in the end.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Got it from o2 in braehead shopping centre glasgow. The pre comes with 1.1.2 but if you do an update it will upgrade to 1.1.3 no idea what the difference id though only 1 MB. I have mine connected to WIFI so it downloaded update straight away. No oreo on my pre benuk, why dont you just go with it just now? its got a 24 month warranty anyways
    Thats what I might do, I'll see how much it bugs me over the weekend. Otherwise Im a more than happy Pre user.

Is google calendar sync working for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by leowyatt View Post
    Mine is currently on it's way from edinburgh! \o/

The free touchstones was a load of tosh! Tried to get it but had to pay in the end.
    I got a free touchstone and cover, they had a box of them beside the till point in my O2 store. Maybe they were only available in larger stores

Not tried the google calender sync yet ben, will let you know how it goes
    So neither Edinburgh nor Dundee had free Touchstones but Glasgow and Aberdeen (as per a user comment on Dieter's launch article) did. That is a bit disappointing. Considering the lack of interest this morning in most places I could have easily made my way to a store that was giving out freebies had I known.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    Thats what I might do, I'll see how much it bugs me over the weekend. Otherwise Im a more than happy Pre user.

Is google calendar sync working for you?
    Yes my googlemail calender sync is working fine! Are you using the email address you registered with google or your gmail address. I have both registered.
  18. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    No free TS for me either. Tried haggling for a discount at least too but they weren't budging :-(
    I just rang Edinburgh back and explained about the Glasgow and Aberdeen stores providing them and the manager explained it must have been certain stores because it is not a company wide initiative.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Yes my googlemail calender sync is working fine! Are you using the email address you registered with google or your gmail address. I have both registered.
    Im not sure I follow, I am using my @gmail.com email the calendar name is showing correctly. After some experimenting I have found that one way syncing is working

i.e. I create an event on my pre and it appears on my google calendar but if I create an event or edit it elsewhere it doesnt sync back to my pre. Neither have any of the pre-existing appointments in my calendar
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast