Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pegass View Post
    and where do people us ? Not Europe? ;-)
    yeah sorry im from the UK

This isn't so beautiful. 20 a month is just a phone. Just a brick. Since still some ppl use those for calling, there should be voice plan for that and maybe a net package as well. And then you end up paying 50 for Pre once and then 30 - 45 monthly plus what's above plans/flatrates.
    Pegass
    i've included a picture of the prices below for the UK.

i agree with c_man, price drop is needed , hopefully some really good deals will come out on friday
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I just saw my FIRST UK Palm Pre TV commercial! ...a whole 2 days before the launch!

[For those interested, it appeared on the advert break before the England Vs Belarus game kicked off]
    I'll be outside the o2 store at 9am tomorrow! Fortunately, one of my best mates works there so I get 30% off my line rental. I'm not signing up for 2 years though - I get bored of my gadgets faaaaar to easily!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I will be going past the store at this time, but I won't go in until lunch time. And I won't be buying it either. Not yet...

:-/
    yeah thanks C Man on the ad info, it was just the same ad they had in the US (the anemic lady)

some new info is up:
    24 month warranty

http://www.o2.co.uk/palmpre/specs/
  6. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peabrain View Post
    yeah thanks C Man on the ad info, it was just the same ad they had in the US (the anemic lady)

some new info is up:
    24 month warranty

Specifications - O2
    Now that is cool. Seals it for me. 2yr contract it is

plan on getting mine around 9-10am tomorrow!!
    That's fantastic. I'm still going to grab an 18 month contract, but if I fancy selling it when that runs out, there will be 6 months left! Well done Palm!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to make it to the O2 store for opening tomorrow; fingers crossed I'll have a Pre before 10am.

Anybody know what sort of time it'll take to get the phone? I remember reading about staff showing users how to set up the Pre before they'd let them leave the store when it launched in the US. Was there anything like that at the German launch?
    I might join you providing I do not get a call from the office this afternoon. If I do then I will need to be in Kyle of Lochalsh for 0800 tomorrow.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    I might pop down tomorrow first thing - seen the announcement on the front page here about free Touchstones for the first 10 Pre buyers? Just called my local O2 to askthem about this but they didn't know anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGrant View Post
    I might pop down tomorrow first thing - seen the announcement on the front page here about free Touchstones for the first 10 Pre buyers? Just called my local O2 to askthem about this but they didn't know anything about it.
    hopefully it will be available online for free too , right now its 50 something!
    It will probably only be for the larger stores as opposed to everywhere.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm at the O2 store in the Overgate in Dundee. Only one here so far. Manager says they've got "about 20" phones here. Forgot to ask him about Touchstones.
    Last edited by ghoti; 10/16/2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Touchstones
    gh as in laugh, o as in women, ti as in nation
    DnD 4e Compendium (Beta)
    I went to the Murraygate store in Dundee. I got there 30 minutes before opening and was straight in and out with my Pre. No-one else in sight. We must be the only two in Dundee.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    - so the proposed queues/heavy interest hasn't really shown through. I wish I could've got mine today. Still hope to go into a local London store to 'play' on one at some point though.

As for first thoughts, impressions, etc., I guess a new thread should be started? Would love to see what you lucky guys think...
    I'll start a thread shortly. No idea where my camera is though.

EDIT: Why do you always find a random pair of binoculars when you are searching for things? I have no idea who it belongs to.
    Last edited by Teso Dos Bichos; 10/16/2009 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by c_man View Post
    - so the proposed queues/heavy interest hasn't really shown through. I wish I could've got mine today. Still hope to go into a local London store to 'play' on one at some point though.

As for first thoughts, impressions, etc., I guess a new thread should be started? Would love to see what you lucky guys think...
    yeah online orders also dont give the touchstone and delivery isnt till monday at the earliest

i'll wait to see what ppl think about it first before signing up

From the research ive done most arent happy with the hardware, but software ppl do like.........so a mixed bag.......an expensive mixed bad!
    Got mine as well this morning. First customer for them today. The store only has 15 devices available today with more coming tomorrow.

The store has the display table out, staff wearing Palm Pre branded t-shirts, plus there were plenty of accesories to buy with 10 discounts if you bought 2 items together, so got me a touchstone and back cover when getting my pre...

Happy days
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    No Touchstone for me - if the rumours of a free one had panned out I'd have gladly taken it, but I can't afford to pay for it this month. Maybe at the start of next.

I still can't quite believe I actually have a Pre, at long last.
    gh as in laugh, o as in women, ti as in nation
    DnD 4e Compendium (Beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    No Touchstone for me - if the rumours of a free one had panned out I'd have gladly taken it, but I can't afford to pay for it this month. Maybe at the start of next.

I still can't quite believe I actually have a Pre, at long last.
    Great news eh ghoti. All I need now is an effective screen protector as very nervous about the screen. Need to find one for sale now
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast