1.    #1  
    I have a thought! Unless I'm just plain daft, it seems to me that this whole situation between crapple and palm provides a possibly huge opportunity for Amazon. If Amazon was thinking like a consumer, they would see that, as the second largest spot for mp3 downloads, perhaps a well thought-out player would be in order. Imagine, right in the middle of all this ITunes contreversy, Amazon comes out with "Amaplay" or "Amazone" or something (I'm not a brander nor a marketing guy). A fully efficient player, with a fully funcitonal and already competitive media store! Seems pretty simple to me.

And the first order of business for this new player? "We've developed a simple, intuitive tool that seemlessly pulls all of your ITunes music, ratings, playlists, photos, etc... straight to our new player". Second order of business? A big marketing campaign to Pre owners specifically (perhaps being the first phone that seemlessly syncs with this new player).

Like I said, I may be daft, but from a consumers point of view, it seems like this could be a big opportunity for our friends at Amazon.
    It is a good idea, but amazon's job is not software, and I doubt software support is their thing either. Amazon is a massive store, and that is what they are good at. However, if they would partner with Winamp, or Media Monkey, or J River as listed above, then they might have something.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    They already partnered with J river.
    I wasn't sure if it was a partnership or just an internal link. I personally have never used J River. Thanks for correcting me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    It is a good idea, but amazon's job is not software, and I doubt software support is their thing either. Amazon is a massive store, and that is what they are good at.
    I take it you've never heard of the Kindle.
  5.    #5  
    [QUOTE=deihmos;1946813]J River Media Jukebox has the Amazon store built-in and it sync with Pre really well. Much better than craptunes.

I did not know this. I'll check it out.
    however, I still stick with my guns on this. Amazon has the power to make it work. I'm totally fine with them using a third party to develop and provide support for the software, but brand it using the amazon name, and you've got a competitive jewel that could both increase their market share and constipate our favorite acid dropping x-hippie turned to capitalist mogul Steve Jobs. Perhas amazon should just hire me.