Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Simply put,

    The music player on the Pre is horrible. I play music thru BT on my car, so I get to use it everyday.

    1) Load up times are ridiculous
    2) No bar for skipping through a song
    3) Very limited amount of controls
    4) It is very sensitive to touch, skip tracks all the time by mistake
    5) No way to customize the sound, and a lot more..

    SOO..

    palm, I LOVE iTunes sync, BUT please make it worthwhile and at least get a mediocre Music player! Im not asking for a whole lot, but even the Music player Remix in homebrew is blowing your stock music player outta the water. I was really hoping for NaNplayer... whats going on what that anywayz?
  2. #2  
    You should post this at...
    forums.palm.com

  3. #3  
    I'd also like to point out that there are several other music players (my favorit being Music Player Remix) and a patch to hide the original music player so you don't even need to see it.

    The only feature I see missing from Music Player Remix with the latest version installed on 1.2.1 is an equalizer, but if you're encoding your mp3's correctly, you shouldn't need one, and if you're streaming it through your car stereo, you especially don't need one since your stereo has one already.
  4. #4  
    There is/was an equalizer before? Never knew that. I'm learning new things about my Pre everyday it seems! But I would like to have that feature enabled. I only listen to my music when out side smoking and using headphones so an EQ would be nice.

    OP: Go use the Touch Pro (winmo) stock media player. You'll think the Pre's stock player is leap and bounds better than it.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Simply put,

    The music player on the Pre is horrible. . .

    palm, I LOVE iTunes sync, BUT please make it worthwhile and at least get a mediocre Music player! Im not asking for a whole lot, but even the Music player Remix in homebrew is blowing your stock music player outta the water. I was really hoping for NaNplayer... whats going on what that anywayz?
    Music Player Remix has a lot of the things that Nanplayer mentioned being able to do. You can create flylists and bookmark.

    On another note, I don't think Palm is putting much effort into breaking the code for synchronizing with iTunes, it's just good free publicity to keep doing it.

    When it get's to the point that it will no longer work, they'll advise us of all the free software out there that will do the same thing.

    Hey Apple doesn't want our business, maybe we should contact Amazon and have them write a better music player that will purchase directly from their site and has radio and podcast feeds. If it also allows you to hook up your iPod, I have the perfect ad: "Tired of Apple telling which device can play your music and how many devices you can own, get with the Zon Amazon, music your way."
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Hey Apple doesn't want our business, maybe we should contact Amazon and have them write a better music player that will purchase directly from their site and has radio and podcast feeds. If it also allows you to hook up your iPod, I have the perfect ad: "Tired of Apple telling which device can play your music and how many devices you can own, get with the Zon Amazon, music your way."
    Uhh we come close 'nuff with pandora.
    no podcast tho...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Music Player Remix has a lot of the things that Nanplayer mentioned being able to do. You can create flylists and bookmark.

    On another note, I don't think Palm is putting much effort into breaking the code for synchronizing with iTunes, it's just good free publicity to keep doing it.

    When it get's to the point that it will no longer work, they'll advise us of all the free software out there that will do the same thing.

    Hey Apple doesn't want our business, maybe we should contact Amazon and have them write a better music player that will purchase directly from their site and has radio and podcast feeds. If it also allows you to hook up your iPod, I have the perfect ad: "Tired of Apple telling which device can play your music and how many devices you can own, get with the Zon Amazon, music your way."
    lol, not a bad idea lol
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Simply put,

    The music player on the Pre is horrible. I play music thru BT on my car, so I get to use it everyday.

    1) Load up times are ridiculous
    2) No bar for skipping through a song
    3) Very limited amount of controls
    4) It is very sensitive to touch, skip tracks all the time by mistake
    5) No way to customize the sound, and a lot more..

    SOO..

    palm, I LOVE iTunes sync, BUT please make it worthwhile and at least get a mediocre Music player! Im not asking for a whole lot, but even the Music player Remix in homebrew is blowing your stock music player outta the water. I was really hoping for NaNplayer... whats going on what that anywayz?
    If you're playing through BT in the car, then use the car stereo controls. Skip tracks, pause, etc all work for me. Don't have to touch the Pre.

    There's lots of things to gripe about for sure, but personally i think integration with BT stereos is pretty good. Gotta give credit where i can. Pre rocks here.
  9. #9  
    I'll admit the player is limited, but it basically does what it's supposed to do: play MP3s. It'll come around eventually, but for now, as long as it plays my music, I'll live with it. There are more important features that this phone needs.
  10. pico23's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #10  
    Have you tried music player remix?

    Fixes almost all your problems.

    No equalizer but not sure one is really needed. That said, if one is added, I won't be upset.

    Overall, I think with the A2DP bluetooth profile on the Pre, it's actually a very decent music player. Now I just need more A2DP capable devices so I can use the functionality.

    I might upgrade my head unit to the Clarion CX-09 sometime this year. My stock head unit has worn out it's welcome as all stock units eventually do, and before I spend the time adding bluetooth add ons to a stock system, I might as well just drop $250 on a new head unit.
  11. #11  
    Add me to the fans of 'Remix and A2DP combos! I keep a BT dongle on my belt and control the Pre in my car via it (and plug in headphones when walking out and about). Works great.

    Yes, I'd love an equalizer and would love to have Napster2Go back, but I'm alright for the moment with the combo of Remix, BT, and, oh yeah, drPodder!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  12. #12  
    I don't know the pre's music player may be limited but it does not suck my last phone had this bug were if you listen to more than one song the second has no sound you must pause it then play it to get the sound. Now that sucks. Ps it came from rim
  13. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #13  
    That's what I said from the start. They got so obsessed into hacking iTunes that they forgot to put effort into a passable media player. The latest update makes the music player suck less but in the end it still is disappointing.

    I went back to using my iPhone for music. I equally dislike apples touch interface for music (and the industries obsession with cover view) but things like lyrics, smart playlists, ratings, full podcast support and 30sec rewind has me preferring the iPhone for media. Hopefully palm wakes up or Zune becomes a webos app.
  14. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #14  
    Music Player Remix is great. No need to go back to your iPhone for music. Remix is better than iPhone's music player, imo.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If you're playing through BT in the car, then use the car stereo controls. Skip tracks, pause, etc all work for me. Don't have to touch the Pre.

    There's lots of things to gripe about for sure, but personally i think integration with BT stereos is pretty good. Gotta give credit where i can. Pre rocks here.
    you cant fast forward or skip thru a track with the car controls. only change tracks
  16. Clack's Avatar
    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    #16  
    This is an excellent question. It's too bad the default player has no answers.
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Have you tried music player remix?

    Fixes almost all your problems.

    No equalizer but not sure one is really needed. That said, if one is added, I won't be upset.

    Overall, I think with the A2DP bluetooth profile on the Pre, it's actually a very decent music player. Now I just need more A2DP capable devices so I can use the functionality.

    I might upgrade my head unit to the Clarion CX-09 sometime this year. My stock head unit has worn out it's welcome as all stock units eventually do, and before I spend the time adding bluetooth add ons to a stock system, I might as well just drop $250 on a new head unit.
    yeah, i mentioned that I have music player remix... still takes way too long to load up.
  18. #18  
    If you are having trouble with slow load times make sure your music files are kept in separate folders by artist and not just all in one big music folder. My load time went from close to a minute to less than 4 seconds by doing this.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19. #19  
    Actually, you can skip forward in the song playing, just click on the list button at the top, then hold down the foward button. There is no scrubbing and its a bad way to skip in the song, but it is there.
  20. bobby3eb's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #20  
    holy crybaby.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions