1.    #1  
    I've seen this problem posted a few weeks ago with no resolution so I'm reposting it again. I just added my Yahoo account last night to my phone and everything was working fine. This morning I get up and I have this message on my phone saying my login credentials are being rejected and for me update my password...yet I haven't changed my password on my email account!

I've entered the password again 3 times and it's not accepting it, yet I can log into my account with my computer and it logs me right in. This is obviously a problem between Palm and Yahoo (iPhone has the same drama going on) one or the other doesn't want to fix the problem, they keep passing it on to the other.

Is this ever going to get fixed or what?
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    I am having the same issues this morning. It must be the Palm servers that are down. Give it a few hours and it should be back to normal.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I used to have this issue on my instinct(yuck) sometimes..
    What I usually did was delete the account, restart my phone, then input my account and pray..
    Yeah.. I know.. But it usually worked..
    You can always forward to Gmail... Never had an issue with them.
    My Gmail was doing the exact same thing the first part of this week. I could still receive and send mail as nothing was wrong though. After 24 hours of ignoring the alerts and making no changes they went away.

Haven't had the alert come up in a couple days now
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I've seen this problem posted a few weeks ago with no resolution so I'm reposting it again. I just added my Yahoo account last night to my phone and everything was working fine. This morning I get up and I have this message on my phone saying my login credentials are being rejected and for me update my password...yet I haven't changed my password on my email account!

I've entered the password again 3 times and it's not accepting it, yet I can log into my account with my computer and it logs me right in. This is obviously a problem between Palm and Yahoo (iPhone has the same drama going on) one or the other doesn't want to fix the problem, they keep passing it on to the other.

Is this ever going to get fixed or what?
    This is what I am getting. Is this what you are getting? I have tried a restart with no luck. I hope palm fixes this quickly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

For gmail users..

Are your accounts being stripped because your phone checks them too often? How often is the "get email setting" set to (the best setting is as items arrive)?

You will have this problem if you use gmail as your personal storage..

You can try clearing your captcha (maybe your account is being tampered with because you have too much activity)
    https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

And you can try changing your server to imap.googlemail.com on the same 993 port.

This info was pulled from mdl...
    Quote Originally Posted by 612mpls View Post
    For gmail users..

Are your accounts being stripped because your phone checks them too often? How often is the "get email setting" set to (the best setting is as items arrive)?

You will have this problem if you use gmail as your personal storage..

You can try clearing your captcha (maybe your account is being tampered with because you have too much activity)
    https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

And you can try changing your server to imap.googlemail.com on the same 993 port.

This info was pulled from mdl...
    Today I think the issue is Yahoo as far as I can tell. I have a Gmail and exchange account also and they are working fine.

Update: Just got off the phone with Palm for the second time and there Level 2 support and they did verify this as a known 1.2.1 issue and are having someone form Level 3 support conntact me concerning this issue. At this time I have no Yahoo email. Looks as though they fixed one and broke another.

Update 2: After using Webos Doc my Yahoo still did not work. But then I re-entered my password about two hours later and it just magically started working. But then I wake up this morning and it the same thing all over again. Still have not heard from Palm.
    Last edited by alvin319; 10/05/2009 at 07:10 AM.

Well for yahoo you can try an alternate server..

Incoming - imap.next.mail.yahoo.com
    Outgoing - smtp.next.mail.yahoo.com
    all other options should be the same.