Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    So I bought a Pre recently. Last Tuesday. I love the phone its great. My problem is that my Pre's slider wiggles way more than I would like. Also, the battery cover creaks and cracks everytime I press in on it. This becomes extremely annoying when typing.

I want to get my Pre exchanged. I know a lot of you are gonna say "well if you bought it less than 30 days ago then just take it back to the store and return it for a new one". The problem is, I bought it off of a person, not a store. It was absolutely brand new and sealed when I bought it. In fact, I already took the phone into some "third-party" store to asked them about the wiggle and the guy told me a lot of Pre's do that. He actually opened one up for me that was brand new and it actually wiggled worse than mine (don't remember any cricks or cricks in that one though).

So I'm asking if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to how I can get a replacement for my Pre. Because I'm within the 30 day period still I feel like if I take it into any store their gonna just tell me to take it back to where I bought it and have them replace it with a new one.

Does every Pre seriously wiggle and crick and creak? Does anyone out there have one that is picture perfect?

What about insurance? Should I buy insurance on my Sprint plan then just use that to replace the phone?

Can I call Sprint and tell them anything on the phone that can convince them to send me a new one?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has had to go through the same how did you get your problem resolved?

Thanks for the help.
    Mine had the oreo twist also and a popping screen ,I exchanged it and made them open three boxes to find the tightest one they thought I was crazy,I did find the tightest one of the three I was happy,but after two weeks it loosened up with a slight wiggle and felt like I was in the same boat,Alot of pre's have the same problem, that annoying creek is from that cheap back,I would suggest before going through the hassle, install a innocase and the touchstone back and see how it is,Mine stays super tight with that case and has some added protection,Im assuming your talking about a naked Pre .

I dont think there is a picture perfect anything(aleast for only a couple of weeks)

I would definatly get insurance ,Just incase you lose it or drop it etc.

If your not happy with the innocase then make a move and call sprint to see what they can do.

BTW when I first bought my Pre two days from launch I got it from a third party sprint,when I went for replacement the store was corporate and they did the right thing and exchanged it for me(I didnt know that I thought Sprint was Sprint ).
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    screw sprint, call Palm. There is a one year warranty. Explain to them you've been a life time customer.

Squeakie door gets greased.

Sprint is less likely to giv eyou what you want than Palm.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    screw sprint, call Palm. There is a one year warranty. Explain to them you've been a life time customer.

Squeakie door gets greased.

Sprint is less likely to giv eyou what you want than Palm.
    Greased with what?

If I call Palm I should ask THEM for a new phone? Doesn't that cost money? I don't have a receipt for the phone will that matter?

If I get a phone replaced under insurance for Sprint doesn't THAT cost money? Even if its due to a defect and not to damage?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Doesn't that cost money?

Are you serious?

Are you in the habit of giving your hard earned money for anything but top notch products. Are you in the habit of giving your money in exchange for anything but your complete and 100% satisfaction in a product you're buying?

Your OP claims that your Pre's slider wiggles way more than you would like it to. Also, the battery cover creaks and cracks everytime I press in on it. This becomes extremely annoying when typing.

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOUR MONEY BOUGHT YOU A PEICE OF CRAP!

enjoy!
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Did you buy it from that guy selling phones out of the back of his van that goes ''Psst, buddy, do I have a deal for you.'' Did you not ask him for the original transaction records or did the phone you bought from this guy which fell off the back of a delivery truck and this guy was selling them for $10?

Sorry, can't feel sorry for ya if you didn't go through a retailer and now you have issues. And the door gets greased with lard from your kitchen...
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    With SPrint Insurance, if you had it on your old phone and payed for it on your new phone then it covers, whatever the insurance covers normally, on your Pre.

Ex: I bought a Centro off a guy at work, put it on my account with insurance a month later it failed I took it in, they swapped it, no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Dood, i didn't mean to be so harsh.

It was sarcasm and a bit of reverse pyschology I guess.

i have a number for Palm if you want....a friend of mine used it to get a few replacements. PM me. I won't post it for fear of abuse.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    No doubt. If you want a warranty, buy it from an authorized dealer and spend the money (that includes the warranty). If you bought it off "some dude" then you shouldn't expect there to be a warranty.