1.    #1  
    so the title is pretty much my question...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    What do you mean? All/most video plays over HTTP - YouTube and everything else all use standard http protocol. Just because they play via HTTP doesn't mean they'll work though - it all depends on the video format. Flash video requires flash player; windows media requires a different codec, etc... - your Pre can't play those yet.
  3.    #3  
    well that's kinda what i mean. youtube is a palm app. the pre can play an mp3 file that you type into the browser, but not an mp4 (although it's local video player can play the same video file). i'd hate to discount the pre for something my rivals' iphones can do. if a format with specific codecs exists out there, i'd love to know the complete specs on that.
    +1, I wish it could play other formats either in browser or locally. But it's not a deal breaker for me though.
    I can play videos from certain sites. I just don't know what format they are in.
    In the same vein, does anyone know if a security camera video app is being developed?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by 612mpls View Post
    I can play videos from certain sites. I just don't know what format they are in.
    if you could find me at least one link that works for you, i'd be most grateful.

so far i've tried mp4 (mpeg4) and 3gp (mpeg4) and no dice. i'd like to continue testing other containers/codecs if anyone has some advice of what others to try.