Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    ok. So. I lost a bunch of threads of text messages for nearly all my contacts. Kind of a huge deal. But I came on here and found a fix to use by linking and unlinking my contacts and forcing the phone to unhide my threads. Well... My girlfriends thread never came back. And I've linked and unlinked her to every other freaking contact. I even deleted all my contacts and redownloaded the through synergy. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong? Her notifications disappear too! Please help me fix this issue :'(
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    The Pre is telling you something, get a new girlfriend! Seriously, I have had the problem with disappearing text threads and the unlinking/re-linking solution has worked, and when it hasn't I just deleted the contact completely and then re-entered it manually, not with synergy. Try that.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    alright I will. Thanks in advance. So after I create the new contact can I resync them through synergy?
    had a similar experience just today actually. when recieving a text, i got the notification fine, but when i looked in the txt msg app, it didnt show the message i recieved, or the sender. i ended up using the "full erase" option on the phone, as i was wanting to start fresh anyways. works fine now, but my fix may have been overkill.
    I dealt with the exact same problem, today. What I found interesting was that if I did a search for the name of the individual whose text thread had disappeared, the thread would appear in the search. But once the text application was closed, the thread would be gone when I re-opened the text application later on.

I had to completely delete the individual's contact information from my phone. Then I had to delete the text thread after finding it via the search method. Then I re-entered the contact information (which I did through google contacts). Upon re-syncing my phone with google contacts, and sending a new text, the issue was resolved.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    What if that contact is tied into Facebook contacts?
    Apparently you can't "fully" delete the contact if you're also FB friends with them.

Also, when I delete the thread to a person in Messaging (after searching for the hidden thread), it doesn't fully delete it.
    Because you can go back and search again and it's still there. It never goes anywhere.