Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ^ Thank you HelloNNNewman (great name!! hehe)! I'm not too familiar with IMAP, but I have POP e-mail, so I think my settings might be a little different from yours, but I appreciate your help!

I wanted to let everyone know, after doing a little more googling, it seems that instead of having to delete the account and re-add it, all I have to do each time is re-type my incoming password. I have my mail setup to check for messages manually anyway, since I really only check for my mail when I'm away from home. This I can live with. I'm a happy Palm user again.
    Happy Palm... yes there is a difference between IMAP and POP settings, but you need to just try them. IMAP settings will work fine for your service. IMAP simply allows for a kind of open link between your device and computer that allows the two devices to reflect each other's contents - if you delete a message on your computer, it will no longer show on your phone email. POP is different in that there is no open connection between devices, so if you delete a message on your computer, it will still be on your device which you will have to manually delete.

Just try the settings above and see if they work for you.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ^Ahh.... I didn't realize that about IMAP! Very cool! I will give those settings a try. If they work better, and I don't have to retype my password each time, I will definitely let everyone know! Thank you HelloNNNewman!
    Remember that all these companies are the same and use the same settings for the most part (SWBell, AT&T, SBC, Yahoo). If those settings don't help, I'm sure another SWBell user will jump in here to help you.

If your password issue still doesn't work correctly with the above settings - start over with a clean slate by deleting the account, restarting your phone fully, and then adding the new account with the above settings.

OR... delete the account, restart the phone fully, and then add the new account again as a POP account to see if the settings take correctly.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Update: I tried the IMAP settings, and it got the following error message, "user BAD [CLIENTBUG] Invalid command or arguments." I guess those IMAP settings don't work for swbell? Oh well, I appreciate the suggestion HelloNNNewman! Guess it's back to inputting my password each time! haha Oh well... it's not so bad. I still absolutely love my Palm!!
    Last edited by HappyPalm; 10/02/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I have both a Yahoo Mail Plus account and an ATT (SBC) Yahoo account which I use the IMAP settings that HelloNNNewman uses and they work fine for me as well. You might want to look for some support either through Palm or ATT/SWBell.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ^ Thank you RafRol! IMAP settings do sound really cool. The settings I mentioned earlier though are still working great, but I do have to retype my password each time. I tried restarting my Palm, but that didn't work either. Oh well, retyping my password isn't so bad, but I'm definitely open to suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    I'm having a different problem on having Yahoo tell me that my login credentials to not work anymore. Weird thing is that it worked a couple of days ago, stopped working yesterday evening, this morning it was fine, and now again this evening it stopped working again. Anyone else having problems with this?
    I've been having this problem as well. Not sure what the solution is, thoug I'd be interested in one.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thought I'd update this thread.... it's about a year later, and I still have to type in my password each time. I rarely check my e-mail with my phone, so it's really not an issue, but has anyone found a solution yet?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12