Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    Everyone, I think I might have found a new bug in the SMS LED notification in 1.2.1. Please confirm:

1. Plug in/charge Pre
    2. Open an SMS conversation with a person and have it as the active card.
    3. New SMS messages received from the active card will NOT activate LED notfication.

It seems like the Pre is processing the new SMS so quickly it is not activating the LED notification.
    I just tried this -- I opened a previous test conversation with text messages sent from my Google Voice account. I left that card open with the Pre on the Touchstone, let the screen go to sleep, and then sent an SMS via GV. The message arrived, and the LED notification is working.
    Interesting. I ran the LED patch on 1.20 and it works fine with the 1.21 update. Seems like we're all having mixed results.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    I just tried this -- I opened a previous test conversation with text messages sent from my Google Voice account. I left that card open with the Pre on the Touchstone, let the screen go to sleep, and then sent an SMS via GV. The message arrived, and the LED notification is working.
    I don't have a TS, but does it lock the screen when it is sleeping? It seems like it is occurring because it is not locking the screen so it is processing the message as already read.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    tried to uninstall the patch for this in preware and got error removing [4] help please advise want to uninstall and reinstallt o get it working again.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    seriously this **** is corny as hell i got it to remove finally after like 20 tries then when i try and reinstall now i get error installing [4] this **** is gay. powering off phone and resetting to see if it helps if not i dont know what to try
    Quote Originally Posted by antiphon View Post
    I don't have a TS, but does it lock the screen when it is sleeping? It seems like it is occurring because it is not locking the screen so it is processing the message as already read.
    Yeah, it does look the screen. I don't seem to recall the LED notification working if the message came while the screen was unlocked before.
    I thought I'd just note something interesting with my 1.2.1 install. I had previously enabled blink notifications in 1.2.0. I restored the old "blink disabled" files before I installed 1.2.1 and was about to re-enable blink notifications when I received an email and it started blinking on me. For me blink notifications works without patching.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Awsome for you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tfink660 View Post
    Awsome for you lol
    I made the comment to see if others have experienced the same thing.
    Maybe Palm enabled it with 1.2.1. Seems strange that the code was already there in the first place and just commented out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Yeah, it does look the screen. I don't seem to recall the LED notification working if the message came while the screen was unlocked before.
    yeah that is the problem I am having. If the Pre is unlocked then no LED notification. Since plugging it in through the USB cable doesn't lock the screen, I have to remember not to have the message card active or I might miss a SMS.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfaza View Post
    I made the comment to see if others have experienced the same thing.

my appologies was just aggrevated for a minute i appologise sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfaza View Post
    I thought I'd just note something interesting with my 1.2.1 install. I had previously enabled blink notifications in 1.2.0. I restored the old "blink disabled" files before I installed 1.2.1 and was about to re-enable blink notifications when I received an email and it started blinking on me. For me blink notifications works without patching.
    I think it just means that since you turned it on in 1.2.0, it remembered the preference being on even though it doesn't show the toggle slider.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I diddd the mod on1.2 and installed 1.21 over it....good thing is it stayed
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    I think it just means that since you turned it on in 1.2.0, it remembered the preference being on even though it doesn't show the toggle slider.
    I think your right. I just looked in the preferences and the slider isn't there.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I too installed 1.2.1 and then the on/off blink switch went away but it still works. I only used Web OS Quick Install when I had 1.2 to install the led notification. Anyway to get the on/off switch back with WebOS QI?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Good call. Makes total sense. Mystery solved
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I previously did the LED notification hack on 1.2.0 and i just updated to 1.2.1 and im still Getting LED notifications when messages are received. is this a confirmed update or is it just left on previously from the last update?
    Same with me using Preware. Just last night I used it for the first time to install a few patches, including LED notifications. Then I see 1.2.1 is out, so I ran Emergency Patch Recovery. Installed 1.2.1, and have no toggle in Screen and Lock but still have LED notifications. Why mess with success?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    The LED notification is NOT an update in 1.2.1. The patch simply adds the option to turn LED notification on/off, so if you had it turned on and installed 1.2.1 it removed the patch but LED notification is still turned on. You should still reinstall the patch so you have the on/off option in your screen and lock settings.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12