Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The majority of the folks at my office have the iPhone. I took mine out... and many were impressed.. They know about the WebOS and think it's definitely ahead of the iPhone. These guys are software developers as well. So if anyone is thinking of going iPhone, give it some time. The Pre in my opinion has the chance to grow faster than the iPhone. Show them how to use it and hand it to them for several minutes, the'll tell you it's really cool and nice! No iPhone envy here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
    The majority of the folks at my office have the iPhone. I took mine out... and many were impressed.. They know about the WebOS and think it's definitely ahead of the iPhone. These guys are software developers as well. So if anyone is thinking of going iPhone, give it some time. The Pre in my opinion has the chance to grow faster than the iPhone. Show them how to use it and hand it to them for several minutes, the'll tell you it's really cool and nice! No iPhone envy here.
    Well said and I agree. Most of my friends have Iphones and I had a Samsung (cheap but reliable) dumbphone for about 5 years until this past June when I bought my pre. Not being very tech saavy, I researched smartphones and debated whether or not to get a smartphone/everything data plan after having such a great and cheap plan before. After looking up the things that I wanted and needed, the pre found me.

Now when I compare my phone and plan to my friends and families phones, it's the pre that becomes the center of attention. I'm not knocking the Iphone, it's another great phone it just wasn't for me. My wife and I have both converted 1 friend each to the pre, but it's my son who's a senior in HS who has converted about 5 people with his.
    nope-- live in Williamsburg, Brooklyn and I've yet to see another.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I saw none in Montreal. One thing is sure, everyone is checking my phone, while I do the gestures.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Tucson AZ - not another soul Ive seen with one. Though I will say a hermit crab sees more light of day than I do. I do know that only 2 stores in Tucson had them on launch day (excluding best buy) and that we're a million+ people city. The store I was at had 65 Pre available, and took until 2pm to finally sell them all. This city doesnt have the greatest sprint coverage, but has excellent VZ cover - so Im betting I'll see a lot more in a year or so.

All those that have seen my phone are envious. Another co-worker just got an iphone 4 weeks ago, and one of my IT (linux-geek) guys got one 2 days before the pre came out. Both envy my phone, but refuse to admit it. The IT guy especially, but he qualifies it with "but sprint doesnt work in this building" The ironical part is that his office is the only place ATT doesnt work everyone does tho. The 'other' guy with the eyefone always tries to one-up me with his phone when I pass by. The first time he tried the "does your phone have this app?" deal, I asked him: "hold on, I cant hear you over my music, one sec, let me save this good docs spreadsheet, and answer this text and that IM.. ok, what did you want?" I had to explain to him that yes, I can run more than one thing at a time. He pulled out his compass, so I sent him a smart-*** MMS pic in response. He leaves me alone now he may have more apps, but I can actually USE my phone. Only a few more updates away from exceeding the capability of most every other smartphone out there. Then its time to focus on refining how it does it until the speed and usability exceeds what is currently available: IE: calendar!
    Nobody here in Tx, just the sales guy at Sprint
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've only seen three other Pre's. All at work. I heard the message tone in the airport one day and while actually looking for the person using the phone, they were looking at me using mine LOL. The next two I saw was actually on the aircraft. Unfortunately, I had to tell both people to turn it off since the boarding door was already closed, LOL. As I stood there doing to whole safety dance, the one Pre guy was consistently talking about the phone with his seatmate. The word is still spreading.
    I've never seen any. I keep hoping I'll see someone with one. A few people have recognized mine but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by agentstarke View Post
    A few people have recognized mine but that's it.
    Same here. I have never seen another Pre, but when others see mine they want to hold it and want me to explain how to do everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    i saw two posts on Blockchalk here on Capitol Hill in Seattle. So there seems to be at least 4 of us (me and the fiance both have the Pre).

**edit** I guess blockchalk is on android and iPhone too. It seems like most peeps here have the eyePhone.
    what is this Blockchalk you speak of bc I'm just wondering what it is? And i have never seen anyone with a pre but there is a lot of people who will ask bout it to me for some reason
    Working with a bunch of nurses and Drs in Ptttsburgh and im the only 1 with a Pre..
    I like to demo it for peeps and tease Iphoners with my "apple killer" hehe.
    If the girls arent impressed by the technology just show them the mirror :P
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have seen two in the Columbus, OH area. I got excited both times I saw them.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I ran into an old aquaintance (my brother's best friend) out at dinner last week, and showed him my Pre. Ran into him again Sunday when I went out to see my brother, and he suddenly had one (he'd been thinking about getting one, and seeing mine put him over the edge I guess). He wanted to know about installing apps and homebrew, so I wrote up this handy guide and emailed it to him. About 3 hours after I wrote it, I saw that Gizmodo had posted almost the same thing and I could have just sent him that, but oh well.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Besides, mine, my wife's, sister's and mother's pre, I've seen two at work for sure.. One lady was saying "Hey check out my new phone!", and she was pulling out her Pre to show it off, she asks "Have you seen the new palm phone from Sprint, I've got one!", so I was able to get to my phone quicker and responded with "Does it look anything like my Pre?"...
    Today, my wife had a co-worker ask her to get me to install some patches on her Pre... She noticed my wife's Pre, and has borrowed her charger, and has been using my wife as a resource for how to do all things Pre..
    I've seen a few in San Antonio, TX... also trying to convert a few of my friends to switch from Blackberry, and Google devices to the awesome Palm Pre...
    I'm in NYC and have only seen one out in the wild ..and that guy was from LA.

..besides my friend's pre, that is - got his after playing with mine a couple of times (and after learning he was paying the same every month for a T-mo dumb phone)
    really i guess i'm an oddity! I'm in washington D.C. and everybody has a pre! mabye i'm just very vigilant. i saw this girl at jazz with her pre. 2 people on the metro with a pre. a guy in the elevator, the cafeteria, my class, my friend, my friends bf!! it had to at least be 15. i stopped feeling special for having one a long time ago.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've seen several here in L.A...mainly on the USC campus. Saw a couple in Seattle as well.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123