1.    #1  
    I have installed quite a few patches thru preware. Will the new 1.2.1 update affect those or should I uninstall all of the tweaks I JUST added to the phone?
    I would HATE to have to do that when this update is basically only for itunes sync which I don't use anyway.

Thanks
    I'll let you know I left all my patches on and Im downloading the update now....
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    It breaks all the patches and makes it difficult to fully remove unless you use the EPR (Emergency Patch Remover) in Preware. Just remove now and save yourself the headache before update. I been through this already...
  4.    #4  
    Thanx!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I searched the forums and yea it is best to uninstall them i had to also...the thing is it will rewrite over some of the patches and you wont be able to uninstall or remove them due to that so it's best to just remove them and reapply them all over again
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    It breaks all the patches and makes it difficult to fully remove unless you use the EPR (Emergency Patch Remover) in Preware. Just remove now and save yourself the headache before update. I been through this already...
    Wow...that sucks! Thanks I really appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by percyg77 View Post
    this.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    lol
    I hack by hand so I left mine in place. So far, I have noticed this:

What survived:

- DevMode app visibility hack (it's still visible)

What did not survive (i.e., what got overwritten):

- Nascar & NFL apps visibility hack (they are back)
    - Add/delete launcher pages
    - Roam only
    - Notification LED

So...back into PuTTY
    How does EPR work? I installed it via prebrew but nothing. I didn't see an application in the launcher page. And it did not remove any patches. So I removed EPR...and removed each patch I had individually in prebrew. Then I installed 1.2.1 with no problems.

so EPR is useless or am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Once you install the EPR patch you have to restart your phone and all your tweaks should be gone...at least in theory
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I hack by hand so I left mine in place. So far, I have noticed this:

What survived:

- DevMode app visibility hack (it's still visible)

What did not survive (i.e., what got overwritten):

- Nascar & NFL apps visibility hack (they are back)
    - Add/delete launcher pages
    - Roam only
    - Notification LED

So...back into PuTTY

FYI...I went back in via Putty and re-enabled all of the patches listed above that did not survive the 1.2.1 update...and verified that they all still work after being re-enabled.

BTW, one other note - call log timer survived. It always does...probably since it's a SQL-based hack. It appears that Palm is fairly indiscriminate with their patches from a file perspective. They pretty much overwrite an entire app even if some of the app's files did not change, but they do not screw with the database in the same way.

cheers,
    Steve