Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I've been checking all day today for the update and my phone keeps stating that it's up to date. I checked for the update on my wife's phone a couple of hours ago and it was available immediately. Anyone else having an issue seeing the update.

Both phones we're updated to 1.2 with no patches (her phone never had patches. I uninstalled all of mine).
    Mine is not even getting that far. All does is spin, and spin, and spin, and you get the rest.

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    Mine is not even getting that far. All does is spin, and spin, and spin, and you get the rest.
    That sucks. My phone works fine other than the update issue.
    had the same problems, I did a 3 finger salute and rebooted. Went back to the update and it's downloading now. Give that a shot and see if that helps
    There's always next year!
    See this link. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1944586

Basically the fastest way to get the Update is to use WebOS Dr. 1.2 then update from that. It will work. but then you will have to reinstall all your tweaks, etc..

also if you decide to use the Dr. & want to keep you txt messages do this before you reinstall 1.2
    1) You will need to have rooted your Pre.
    2) type cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal
    3) Connect via USB & copy PalmDatabase.db3 to your computer.
    4) Use WebOS Dr. 1.2
    5) Now you can update to 1.2.1
    6) Move the PalmDatabase.db3 back to the Pre via USB
    7) Backup the current PalmDatabase.db3 (make sure the filesystem is in RW mode) [mv /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.old]
    8) Move your old database to the correct postion [mv /media/internal/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3]
    9) Reset the Pre

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Yeah, mine doesn't see 1.2.1 yet either.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    See this link. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1944586

Basically the fastest way to get the Update is to use WebOS Dr. 1.2 then update from that. It will work. but then you will have to reinstall all your tweaks, etc..

also if you decide to use the Dr. & want to keep you txt messages do this before you reinstall 1.2
    1) You will need to have rooted your Pre.
    2) type cp /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /media/internal
    3) Connect via USB & copy PalmDatabase.db3 to your computer.
    4) Use WebOS Dr. 1.2
    5) Now you can update to 1.2.1
    6) Move the PalmDatabase.db3 back to the Pre via USB
    7) Backup the current PalmDatabase.db3 (make sure the filesystem is in RW mode) [mv /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.old]
    8) Move your old database to the correct postion [mv /media/internal/PalmDatabase.db3 /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3]
    9) Reset the Pre

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the info. I don't want to doctor up again or root. I'll hold out for a few days. If it doesn't show up in a few days I'll take the dive.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I have the same problems as well. My wife's phone updated and mine just spins and spins and palm nor sprint know what the problem is. their solution is to do WebOS on it. I dont mind that but hate readding everything on.
    I tried WebOS Doctor, but it won't do anything to my Pre. It gets to 6%, and it stops.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hi all, sounds like I have the same problem. I downloaded 1.2 with no problem but 1.2.1 won't. I've deleted all the apps I installed (except shopping list, hate to lose all the entries) and restarted several times with no luck. Is the only choice to do a partial erase? Is 1.2.1 that important or can I wait for the next update, will I just have the same problem? Any help is appreciated.
    Careful what you wish for.

Mine installed successfully and ever since my phone has decided to spontaneously start overheating and battery-draining as it sits on the table.

Rebooting seems to have solved it but time will tell...I will post again if it keeps happening.