Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    mine feels faster.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    At what point do minor updates stop making the phone faster? At this rate, load times will be nonexistent after about 20 more patches.

This update didn't make your phone faster. 1.2 very possibly could have made your phone faster, but not this one.
    mine too
    except the phone sometime when i answer a phone call it doesnt connect till after 2-3 sec after i answer the call
    but everything else seems snapper
    maybe just wishful thinking but i do seem to notice a difference overall and for certain in reboot speed, which i have been doing a lot of this morning after installing the new update putting patches back.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Some of the perceived speedup is due to the update process itself. Give it a few hours.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    hey i need help im in canada.. and icant update my phone :S say your phone is up to date .. any advice lol
    Could the people perceiving the updates as making the phone snappier just that the phone has to reboot to install the update?
    yep me too...Palm support says sprint only Maybe we have to wait a few days
    FT
    I disagree that it's simply "perception" that the phone is snappier. My Pre updated to 1.2, and I saw no snappier performance. After it did 1.2.1, I immediately noticed a difference. Don't know what, but they're doing something...
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I disagree that it's simply "perception" that the phone is snappier. My Pre updated to 1.2, and I saw no snappier performance. After it did 1.2.1, I immediately noticed a difference. Don't know what, but they're doing something...
    yup I agree.....and I am a geek. Reboot it all the time, so i would notice.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hiramtp View Post
    hey i need help im in canada.. and icant update my phone :S say your phone is up to date .. any advice lol
    I don't think Bell uses the same update schedule as Sprint. So you might not have any updates available.
    Is anybody else having a problem with the messaging app after the 1.2.1 update. I cant open any existing strings
    seems faster on the launcher pages.

thanks Palm.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Don't know what, but they're doing something...
    They simply made tweaks to the speed of a few animations/transitions, hoping that it would trick everyone into thinking that they made the phone faster. Looks like it worked! In particular, the application launcher window open/close scroll animation appears to be twice as quick as it was before on my phone since the 1.2.1 update this morning.....