1. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I am having 3 problems of varying importance since updating to 1.2.1

1. Orange+tap in the browser to bring up the "right-click" type menu doesn't work. I hadn't tried it in 1.2.0

2. Downloading files in the browser doesn't work. I was able to DL a pdf in 1.2.0 but in 1.2.1 a PDF (and a MIDI I tested with) yields the message
    "Cannot find an application which can open this file"

3. Not a big deal at all, but when I type something in the browser, the Google and Wikipedia options have an empty box next to them (instead of the G and W icons or whatever they're supposed to be) and take up an extra line. This is also true of whatever icons/pictures are supposed to show up next to the history items that appear under the Google and Wiki options.

4. UPDATE: The "Add Bookmark" dialog is also not working. The window comes up with both fields (title and URL) blank, and neither button ("Add Bookmark" or "cancel") does anything so basically the card is stuck.

History: I uninstalled all patches before 1.2.0. After updating to 1.2.0 I manually did the following mods: enabled LED notifications deleted NFL and Nascar, hid Bluetooth and Wifi prefs, disabled hangup sound, disabled charging alert (made it vibrate instead), set clock to default to alarm on open. Maybe others I'm not remembering.
    Then I DLed a LOT of patches and pushed them all. Didn't seem to work, messed up some stuff so I immediately popped them all and deleted them as well.

I didn't do any unpatching before updating to 1.2.1. All mods were, of course, reset.

Any help? Thanks!
    Last edited by tuz; 10/03/2009 at 11:57 AM.
    The keyboard sequence is Shift+tap, not Orange+tap.
    1 and 3 work for me. Haven't tried 2. I'm guessing a trip to the dr or the repair utility is in order.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  4. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Shift+tap shows a little yellow you-tapped-here circle, and then opens the link in a new card, but shows no menu. The palm website definitely says that orange+tap opens that menu.
    The right-click menu appears when orange-tapping on pictures. Orange-tapping links opens a menu with options to open in a new card.

Shift-tapping a paragraph highlights it for copying.

That's how it is supposed to work.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 10/03/2009 at 12:35 PM.
  6. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    really??? There's no copy url option for links? Ugh. Well thanks. Now just gotta figure out the rest.
  7. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Just tested and shift click on an image just opened it in a new window. no menu.
    I corrected my post above. Try it again with those directions.
  9. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    orange click is doing nothing and now shift click is only working on links to open a new card, but not for images. time for the dr maybe...