1.    #1  
    So MLB has their webapp, and the NFL has the Sprint app and DirecTV's, but I can't find anything for the NHL. They stream the audio of their games for free but I don't think the Pre supports that format.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I would LOVE an NHL app for the Pre. I don't really have any good recommendations though.

Last season I used my Windows Mobile phone, logged into NHL's GameCenter and could watch / listen to games on the road. It's amazing what Flash support can get you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I would LOVE an NHL app for the Pre. I don't really have any good recommendations though.

Last season I used my Windows Mobile phone, logged into NHL's GameCenter and could watch / listen to games on the road. It's amazing what Flash support can get you.
    Yea I read yesterday that you can get it on Windows Mobile which made me hopeful, maybe someone will figure something out!
    That would be dope. Video would be even better! Too bad ATDHE.Net doesn't work on there. (I'm assuming not since I don't have it activated)
    I would pay for this....especially if video was a possibility. While I'm dreaming I would also love me some CFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I would pay for this....especially if video was a possibility
    same here
    Not really a solution but this is what I do to listen to the Red Wings on my Pre.

Go to "thestreamcenter" (google that... I can't post links yet...) and click on the state of the NHL team you want to listen to. It really helps if you know what radio station generally plays your teams games. You could just scroll through and click on all of the sports stations available until you find one with your game on it if you don't know what station to look for.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scodoublet View Post
    Not really a solution but this is what I do to listen to the Red Wings on my Pre.

Go to "thestreamcenter" (google that... I can't post links yet...) and click on the state of the NHL team you want to listen to. It really helps if you know what radio station generally plays your teams games. You could just scroll through and click on all of the sports stations available until you find one with your game on it if you don't know what station to look for.
    I'm going to try it for the Rangers game tonight, if this works I'll owe you a drink!
    You could test it now by just trying to stream the station you need and see if it works. Sometimes its a crap shoot getting stations to work. Usually the MP3 and AAC streams work OK but the Flash and WMP streams don't work at all. There's usually a few different choices for each station. Hopefully you'll be able to find what you need on there.

*Edit*

From what I gather the Rangers games are on ESPN 1050 in New York. I'm able to stream that station just fine using the links on that site. You should be golden!
    Last edited by scodoublet; 10/03/2009 at 01:17 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scodoublet View Post

I was streaming the radio station which worked! But it cuts about every 20 seconds or so and the media player disappears. Have you had this problem?

*Edit* Realized 1.2.1 fixes that and will update after I take my tweaks out!
    Oh yeah, since I updated last night to 1.2.1 the streaming is better than ever! Before it had a timer countdown on it that seemed to affect it but now there is no timer and I've been streaming for about 20 minutes with no cutting out.

*Edit*

By the way, I'm listening to the Red Wings Pregame on my pre now while watching the Wolverines get crushed by the Spartans...
    Last edited by scodoublet; 10/03/2009 at 01:43 PM.
    HALLULEAH!!!!!
    After the Sling player, this was the one thing I missed from my Treo.
  13.    #13  
    UGH! ESPN radio has sports talk on their online feed so the ranger game doesn't come through from that website. I'd try their opponent but its the Senators. Any suggestions?