I'll stick with MY cell phone
    My wonderful, useful Palm Pre

The trolls they're a coming
    To tell you this phone sucks
    They want you to hear their tales
    "My Palm Pre does nothing"
    "The Battery Life Sucks"
    "The interface, slow as snails"

Why do the taunt us, right here on this forum?
    A website about the Pre
    I think they're dumb dumbs
    who need to go a way
    So grab your Pre and join me

Sorry just had to throw that together....

I am so sick and tired of some of these people telling us all the things their Pre doesn't do.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR PHONE>>>>RETURN IT!

OR FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET!!

I DON'T CARE!

You don't have to sit here and constantly rant and rave about how crappy this phone is and how wonderful your next phone will be. Just go get it and drop off these forums. It's ridiculous how many of theses threads are just GARBAGE.

Last time I checked this is PRE central, not iPhoneMainiacs, or HEROhijinks

I don't mind the CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of the phone, but enough with the crap about this phone being a POS

5 updates in 4 months? Yes...that is the mark of a company and phone that is garbage. (SUUUUUUUURRRRRRE)

Smart people UNITE....stupid trolls AWAY WITH YOU!
    I likey take apart thingies....
  2.    #2  
    Wonder if Kermit The Frog has a Pre?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Dont quit your day time job
    Well said. The complainers seem to forget that nobody is forcing them to keep and use the Pre.

I'm personally invested (financially) in Palm and I welcome any doubters to return their Pre. If you're unhappy and outside of your return policy, you still have the freedom to get whatever other phone you want with any carrier. So what if there's all these fees to go elsewhere. Sell the Pre on ebay or craigslist, you'll make enough to cover Sprint's ETF and maybe have some cash leftover.

I understand that the nature of most tech forums is that the vocal majority are unhappy customers. But there are plenty of satisfied customers that will keep Palm going for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    Well said. The complainers seem to forget that nobody is forcing them to keep and use the Pre.

I'm personally invested (financially) in Palm and I welcome any doubters to return their Pre. If you're unhappy and outside of your return policy, you still have the freedom to get whatever other phone you want with any carrier. So what if there's all these fees to go elsewhere. Sell the Pre on ebay or craigslist, you'll make enough to cover Sprint's ETF and maybe have some cash leftover.

I understand that the nature of most tech forums is that the vocal majority are unhappy customers. But there are plenty of satisfied customers that will keep Palm going for a long time.
    If Palm doesn't know, from us "end users", what they need to improve on... then the OS would just gather dust and rust and die a long, drawn out death. BTW, i really wonder if Palm's engineers actually use the Pre as their daily personal phone. If they did, then they would have realized that we now cannot type in a text box without the type constantly going off screen. Weren't all those delays supposedly for "testing" to make sure they "got it right"? All those ppl that said; "I'd rather have a delay, to make sure they get it right than to have it rushed and glitchy" surely got bittten in the *ss on that one, huh?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 10/03/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If Palm doesn't know, from us "end users", what they need to improve on... then the OS would just gather dust and rust and die a long drawn out death. BTW, i really wonder if Palm's engineers actually use these phones as their daily personal phone. If they did, then they would have realized that we now cannot type in a text box without the type constantly going off screen. Weren't all those delays supposedly for "testing" to make sure they "got it right". All those ppl that said; "I'd rather have a delay, to make sure they get it right than to have it rushed and glitchy" surely got bit in the *ss on that, huh?
    The OP's and my main point is that we have a choice. If you don't like something, you shouldn't have to continue using it and nobody is forcing you to.

A separate point is that, to the fault of human nature, some people can never be satisfied. When even the most requested feature comes out, there WILL be criticism on how it was implemented, along with the "thanks for the feature I most wanted on this phone, but now I demand..." threads
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    If Palm doesn't know, from us "end users", what they need to improve on... then the OS would just gather dust and rust and die a long drawn out death. BTW, i really wonder if Palm's engineers actually use these phones as their daily personal phone. If they did, then they would have realized that we now cannot type in a text box without the type constantly going off screen. Weren't all those delays supposedly for "testing" to make sure they "got it right". All those ppl that said; "I'd rather have a delay, to make sure they get it right than to have it rushed and glitchy" surely got bit in the *ss on that one, huh?
    I agree with your points....but the CHRONIC whiners that only come on here to moan and complain are the ones I am talking about.

We here as a community test and develop and that helps PALM as well. That is the point of a "community"

The point of the community is not to cry and whine about every little problem that happens, no matter how minute
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    The OP's and my main point is that we have a choice. If you don't like something, you shouldn't have to continue using it and nobody is forcing you to.

A separate point is that, to the fault of human nature, some people can never be satisfied. When even the most requested feature comes out, there WILL be criticism on how it was implemented, along with the "thanks for the feature I most wanted on this phone, but now I demand..." threads
    Powerbyte: I agree with your points....but the CHRONIC whiners that only come on here to moan and complain are the ones I am talking about.

We here as a community test and develop and that helps PALM as well. That is the point of a "community"

The point of the community is not to cry and whine about every little problem that happens, no matter how minute.
    =============================

Yes, i agree with both of you. But being how open this forum (and the internet) is, we can't block ppl that whine just to whine. Ya gotta take the good with the bad.
    I completely agree with you. I really can't see myself going to another phone anytime soon. Both Palm and Sprint have been great to me from every aspect (customer service, value, etc.). I think that I struck a nerve with many on a previous post when I said that the pre "just might not be for them". When I go to hang out or see other friends who have android phones or Iphones, they all seem to love what my pre does and the price that I pay, plus I like my phone better.
    My father for example has 3 phones with Att and has 1 3gs and 2 dumphones (thats what I call them cause I used to own one), and pays 250$ a month, whereas I have 5 phones (3pres, a centro and a rant), and pay only 205$ a month with an airrave and sprint family locator (though family locator doesnt seem to work well on the pre but good on my pc). I can call his phone all day and all night now, which aggrivates him even more. Getting back to the jist of the post, I saw someone actually complain that there was another update today? What's wrong with all of these people? Did they not research the pre before they bought it? Yes, legit complaints I can understand, but some of these people are ridiculous.