Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I don't know what happened but my phone no longer backs up everyday. Ever since the 1.2 update I've had to manually back up. The Back Up switch is on.

On a side note. My profile has never been verifide. Tried repeatedly but was unsuccessful. With that being said, my phone always backed up before.

Any suggestions?
    I just checked mine and it is not automatically backing up either. My last backup was on 9/30 and I did that one manually.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I've been chatting with a Palm rep for over an hour now and no help there.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Just check my wifes phone, same problem. Last update was right before 1.2. Hopefully 1.2.1 addresses this problem.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Same problem for me since update to 1.2.
    Same deal here. No auto-backup anymore. Manual is failing too. Not that I really care. I use Exchange so all the stuff I "need" is backed up through there, the apps and settings don't really bother me, as those are quick fixes.

Still annoying, though.
    I also reported it to Palm and they were clueless.
    same thing here... Last back up was like 11am on the 28th...

hmm. What exactly does auto backup.... Well, backup?
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    same thing here... Last back up was like 11am on the 28th...

hmm. What exactly does auto backup.... Well, backup?
    Same problem here.
    I think the Backup is your account data (Google, Facebook, etc..). Also, your App catalog Apps (but not homebrew).
    So, after a hard reset (or WebOS Doctor), when you re-enter your Palm Profile info, the phone knows how to re-get all the data. Since everything is in the cloud, it just needs to get redownloaded. Any App Catalog Apps you downloaded will reappear (although all settings are lost).

Supposedly browser bookmarks are also backed up now, too.

I've been trying to remember to do manual backups this week
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    ditto. This will provavly become a problem with purchased apps and backing them up
    I just checked and my last back up was 9/28 at 4:34 a.m. Not good.
    Ya I hate to be that guy, but mine backed up this morning at 10 so Im not sure if its the patch directly
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    Ya I hate to be that guy, but mine backed up this morning at 10 so Im not sure if its the patch directly
    Mine also backed up this morning at 10:13am. I have never rooted or had any patches installed except for the virtual keyboard. I have done tweaks before and have homebrew apps and Preware currently installed. I don't think its related to 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by psm9 View Post
    Same problem here.
    I think the Backup is your account data (Google, Facebook, etc..). Also, your App catalog Apps (but not homebrew).
    So, after a hard reset (or WebOS Doctor), when you re-enter your Palm Profile info, the phone knows how to re-get all the data. Since everything is in the cloud, it just needs to get redownloaded. Any App Catalog Apps you downloaded will reappear (although all settings are lost).

Supposedly browser bookmarks are also backed up now, too.

I've been trying to remember to do manual backups this week
    ...And your passwords to your email/exchange accounts along with your current GPS coordinates. Also, I was upset that the feature could not be permanently disabled. (The Pre would automatically re-enable Backup.)
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who has this problem. I was a bit surprised to see that my last backup was on 10/3 from a backup I manually initiated.

I hope I never have to use it, but having it done automatically was convenient since odds are I won't remember to do it all the time.

Does anyone have definitive word on whether this is intentional or just a 1.2.1 bug?
    I just checked my backup, And it did it's auto backup on 10/7 yesterday at 12:24.

Running 1.2.1 firmware. And I reboot every couple days........

Edit: It just did another auto backup 4 minutes ago today. So it's working fine on mine......

mine backed up today at 11:44 am - so i'm good.

on a side note - i obviously have 1.2.1 - and i have homebrews installed....but no tweaks or rooting or anything

could that be ur guys' issues?
    I had the not-backing-up problem after the 1.2 update. Upgrading to 1.2.1 did not solve it. Going into the Backup app, turning it off, allowing it to erase, and then turning it back on (and doing a manual back up to be safe) seemed to solve it.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty3054 View Post
    mine backed up today at 11:44 am - so i'm good.

on a side note - i obviously have 1.2.1 - and i have homebrews installed....but no tweaks or rooting or anything

could that be ur guys' issues?
    Mine stopped the auto backups after the 1.2 update. At that time, I had installed Homebrew apps, but no patches, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by McKathryn View Post
    I had the not-backing-up problem after the 1.2 update. Upgrading to 1.2.1 did not solve it. Going into the Backup app, turning it off, allowing it to erase, and then turning it back on (and doing a manual back up to be safe) seemed to solve it.
    I tried that process, but auto backups still aren't happening. I wonder how widespread this problem is. There aren't many posts here about it.
    Confirmed here too. Last auto backup was 9/28 at 10:01am.

I'm trying the suggested fix (post #18 above) now and I'll let others know if it works.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast