Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Auto-backups where not working for me after the 1.2 update. I was doing manual backups, but soon forgot to manually backup my Pre. I did talk 3rd level support (somewhere in the eastern US) and was told they were having problems with the backups. I did not have any tweaks at that time.

I just checked and it auto-backed up last night. I have the 1.2.1 update and have installed tweaks/patches with Preware. Unfortunately since there isn't a log (that I know of), I can't tell how long it's been auto-backing up.
    im also having this problem. Auto backup doesnt work. Have to do it manually. I think the problem started happpening for me after installing 1.2.1.

People should be checking to see if their auto backup is working. I never would have checked if I didnt look at this thread.
    Last edited by myblackz28; 10/08/2009 at 01:51 PM.
    I had the same problem. Just turn the backup slider off and then back on. It will start working automatically again.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I had the same problem. Just turn the backup slider off and then back on. It will start working automatically again.
    I didn't have a backup since 9/24, so I triggered a manual one on Tuesday. This reset something and it have been running again since.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Same problem here I just noticed. So turned it off and erased, turned back on. Will see tomorrow around this time if it backs up.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    +1
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Same here. Auto backup stopped after 1.2 update.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I don't know if this will help, but I had a problem with my Auto backups back in Webos 1.1 and just after I purchased my PRE. I was instructed to follow these steps to reset the backup option. After I performed the steps, my PRE has backed up to PALM without skipping a day.

1. Launch the Backup application on your Pre.
    2. Set the Backup feature from On to Off.
    3. When prompted, tap the Turn Off and Erase Backup button. The Pre will be busy for a minute or two.
    4. In the Device Info application, scroll to the bottom of the page, and then tap the Reset Options button.
    5. Tap the grey Restart button. When you do, your Pre will reboot itself. This process will take a few minutes.
    6. After the reboot is complete, go back to the Backup application.
    7. Turn the Backup feature on and manually back up your Pre to ensure that the Pre can talk to the Palm server.

At this point, the Pre should back itself up automatically every day at the same time you triggered the manual backup in step 7.
    I spoke to a rep with palm today about the no auto backup issue, and the fact that on the phone it says my profile has not been verified, but online it is verified. He had me do a partial reset, which did not seem to help. Also, after the partial erase, it just started right back up, i didn't have to log-in or do anything, and all my homebrew apps and stuff were still there. Its like it didn't actually do the partial erase. So he escalated the ticket, and told me they'd contact me within 24 hours about a fix.

My phone used to auto backup, but the profile on the phone has never been verified.... this is a strange problem, glad i don't seem to be the only one having it.
    Confirming that 'turning off' the auto backup feature then turning it back on works to kickstart the autobackup functionality. I did not perform the reset in between as suggested in post #28 above, but that can never hurt in a case like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Confirming that 'turning off' the auto backup feature then turning it back on works to kickstart the autobackup functionality. I did not perform the reset in between as suggested in post #28 above, but that can never hurt in a case like this...
    This worked for me too. After my manual backup yesterday, my phone backed up automatically this morning at 8am.
    Well yesterday i did a manual backup. Then I turned backup off and back on. I didnt select the erase backup as Im paranoid! I check backup today and it didnt do the auto. So still no auto bakup working fo me. I really dont want to erase the back up. I just toggled the switch off and back on and that didnt do the trick Is no big deal to do a manual back up everyday but if there is an auto feature, it should work right!
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28 View Post
    Well yesterday i did a manual backup. Then I turned backup off and back on. I didnt select the erase backup as Im paranoid! I check backup today and it didnt do the auto. So still no auto bakup working fo me. I really dont want to erase the back up. I just toggled the switch off and back on and that didnt do the trick Is no big deal to do a manual back up everyday but if there is an auto feature, it should work right!
    Don't be scared. Once you toggle off backup, then select "erase:, then turn it back on, it will immediately create a new backup to your current configuration. (If not, then you can do so manually)

You would technically only be at risk for a matter or seconds, so do not attempt this while holding your Pre above a pot of boiling acid. (I was going to go with bathroom humor, but passed...)

Anyway, seriously, this is the way to be sure you get it back to the Automatic backing up to the Palm servers. Quite honestly, your more at risk if you were to forget (get too busy) to do the manual backup every day, make a bunch of changes, and then lose your phone or drop it in that vat of boiling acid!!
    Yeah...my last backup was 10/05/09. I did a manual backup today and then toggled it off & on...will see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Don't be scared. Once you toggle off backup, then select "erase:, then turn it back on, it will immediately create a new backup to your current configuration. (If not, then you can do so manually)

You would technically only be at risk for a matter or seconds, so do not attempt this while holding your Pre above a pot of boiling acid. (I was going to go with bathroom humor, but passed...)

Anyway, seriously, this is the way to be sure you get it back to the Automatic backing up to the Palm servers. Quite honestly, your more at risk if you were to forget (get too busy) to do the manual backup every day, make a bunch of changes, and then lose your phone or drop it in that vat of boiling acid!!
    that did the trick. tanx!
    Same here! I've been manually doing it almost daily. This is going to create a big problem for those who never bother to check.
    I also turned it off, got the message that my backup will be deleted, hit Ok, and then backed up right after that. It has now been backed up Automatically for me since then. It is ok to erase the backup when it asks you since Palm only stores one backup for you anyhow, so as long as you backup right after you delete the one turning backup off, you should be good to go...One problem solved, now just wish I could download new Apps and not get the no more space issues...
    My Pre is not backing up either. Last Auto was on 9/29. Manual backup seems to work okay. I have homebrews and MyTether installed, but no patches. Ran WebOS Repair for 1.2.1 and it found no files different than WebOSDoctor.

I turned backup off/on, then did one manually - auto still doesn't work. I turned it off, rebooted, and it turned itself back on, did one manually - auto still doesn't work.

Not a huge bug, but damned annoying as it should work. If anybody has any other ideas, please let us know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Same here! I've been manually doing it almost daily. This is going to create a big problem for those who never bother to check.
    yikes! I hadn't had a backup since 9/24! Thank goodness for this thread!
    Didn't notice it wasn't working. Last updated 9/29 manually. I have some tweaks and the virtual keyboard.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast