Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Of course this comes available right after I get my phone dialed in with a dozen patches.. .

I never truly understood what EPR does? Do I basically install it and it removes all patches and itself when done or do I uninstall all patches manually then run that to clean up any trace issues..?
    It runs a "remove all" script, when you restart luna, all patches are reset...

It works, I just ran it and I'm upgrading WebOS now...
    i just updated and it didnt sync my bookmarks
  3.    #3  
    ok, writing from my phone now, seems like most patches I applied still work except timestamps in messaging? Email patches work like read all/del all and landscape are the ones I use and they are confirmed working...

Haven't found any extras yet...
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Whoa~~~
    iTunes has changed quite a bit since 8.2.0 LoL (haven't updated since June)

The EPR didn't quite remove the VK. It didn't work but it said it was still installed. Tapped remove and re-installed, works fine with new Palm update.
  5.    #5  
    oh, battery % thing: I guess there is 2 different ones in the repository, one Says "Battery %" and the other says "Battery Percent and Icon".... The second one shows icon, number, %... First one only shows number... Just FYI
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    These all work for me:
    4x4
    Dial pad vibrate
    Smiley's in symbol box
    LED Notification (with toggle switch)
    Email Landscape
    VK
    Message Fwd & Landscape
    Battery % (but just a number w/o % icon)

Installed but assuming they work:
    State ID
    Browser multipatch
    Phone no alert
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    so how come the LED blink default 'on' part is not posted at Palm Support?
    Don't know, but I went from a clean 1.2.0 with no blinking notifications (after uploading original files and restarting, the LED blink notifications and toggle were gone), no tweaks, no patches and I now have blinking LED notifications with a clean 1.2.1 update.... I did no modifications, patches, tweaks or anything after updating to 1.2.1 and the LED notifications are there.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Don't know, but I went from a clean 1.2.0 with no blinking notifications (after uploading original files and restarting, the LED blink notifications and toggle were gone), no tweaks, no patches and I now have blinking LED notifications with a clean 1.2.1 update.... I did no modifications, patches, tweaks or anything after updating to 1.2.1 and the LED notifications are there.
    My Pre had never been tweaked to have the LED notifications, just updated to 1.2.1, and i don't notice any blinking. I sent it a text from another phone with the Pre's screen turned off, and there was a quick flicker of the center button immediately, but nothing else.

Is it supposed to work differently with a completely unhacked pre?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    so far all the patches that i installed work for me. original blue theme works also

virtual keyboard
    longer standby times patch
    hide nascar app
    full im status
    enable led notifications
    add shutter sound on/off button to camera app
    camera capture w/ volume button
    reduce minimum brightness
    smiley faces in symbol box
    message forwarding
    messaging in landscape
    enable landscape email
    battery percent and icon
    add and remove pages from the app menu
    5x4 app launcher
    bultin timestamps for messaging app
    call duration in log
    character counter
    Seems only people getting notifications are those that modded it prior to 1.2.1. My guess is 1.2.1 doesn't touch the file you mod/patch for LED notifications so if you had it in 1.2 then it'll be there in 1.2.1. I'd be interested to see someone who NEVER modded to get LED notifications to work in 1.2.1. Also unlikely it's on since Palm would have noted it in release notes
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Quote Originally Posted by lordtinuviel View Post
    well I forgot to remove the tweaks, now I cant remove them.....anyone have a link to Webdoctor1.2.1? or a fix to be able to remove the tweaks?
    thank you (I use preware to install the tweaks)

Did you try using the emergency patch recovery tool in Preware?

Download it and restart your Pre and see if you can put your tweaks back on.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by lordtinuviel View Post
    well I forgot to remove the tweaks, now I cant remove them.....anyone have a link to Webdoctor1.2.1? or a fix to be able to remove the tweaks?
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/ash99...0ewwsprint.jar
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Did you try using the emergency patch recovery tool in Preware?

Download it and restart your Pre and see if you can put your tweaks back on.
    theank you, that did the trick

Quote Originally Posted by joetemp75
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lordtinuviel View Post
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/ash99...0ewwsprint.jar
    thkz!!!
    How do I get 1.2.1 going? I have that weird issue where when I choose update, I get the 'checking for updates/spinning circle' message and nothing happens. BTW: I also never got the 1.2.0 push automatically (thankfully) but now I'd like to move on up since everything seems cool for the folks who've done it this AM.
    I mentioned before that the message from palm on my phone said update to 1.20. I already had 1.20 that I download directly by phone. Okay, so my Pre re-downloaded and installed 1.20. I had to go back to updates to download and install 1.2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraVegas View Post
    It runs a "remove all" script, when you restart luna, all patches are reset...

It works, I just ran it and I'm upgrading WebOS now...
    i ran that remove all script after updating and it worked
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm not getting any blink notifications on my Pre running 1.2.1, although I never modded it for these notifications before. I've only installed preware, virtual keyboard, and several homebrew apps.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Installed 1.2.1 and My Tether still works! Best app out there.
    Ok, I just finished last night doing a lot of tweaks and some apps that I might have to remove.

I am testing out the MSN messenger app ...

Do we have to remove everything again. If so, it might be easier to just doctor my phone but I'm afraid of what I heard about the backup that went to my Palm Profile.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I cant load songs on my Pre via iTunes...It shows up in iTunes but when I try to drag and drop a song or album, it gives me the marked-out circle, what gives??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast