1.    #1  
    hey how can you save media and mp3 files from text messages, and how do you attach them?
  2.    #2  
    And why is it in the manual the phone looks like a whole nother theme? It has messenger services it says if you go into add account you can add your profile. In the picture it has yahoo. But on my pre it isn't a option. Does anyone know how to change the themes?
    i believe you can only save pics from texts right now.. just touch the picture, then touch copy. It will be saved in your messaging section in the photos app. As for attaching pictures, you can hit the paper clip before you type anything or you can touch the messaging drop down menu and touch add picture.
    update to webos 1.2 and u should get yahoo im also
    Also changing themes does not come on the pre. There are a few ways to theme it though. First download and run webos quick install using the instructions found here (currently only the abilty to add programs is available with webos qi 2.6 when using webos 1.2) then then in this order
    Click the feeds button
    Go to the WebOS Internals (all) feed
    Select "Package Manager Service"
    Click download, then close
    Click "Install" on the Main WebOS Quick Install Page
    Click the feeds button again
    Go back to the WebOS Internals (all) feed
    Select "Preware"
    Click download, then close
    Click "Install" on the Main WebOS Quick Install Page
    Open Preware on your pre and you should find a group called themes with plenty to choose from also for many other useful features find a group called feeds and in there should find autopatch feed download that. Then next time you open preware in available patchs you should find hide nfl, hide nascar, and hide sprint tv as well as tons of other useful mods. All of the ones confirmed to work and discussion about which do and don't with webos 1.2 can be found here hope this helps
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbeaver View Post
    update to webos 1.2 and u should get yahoo im also

false!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    false!!!
    well I updated to 1.2 and i have it. i cant find anyplace where palm says they added it although according to palms blog about 1.2 it says "The new update also facilitates links across more different flavors of IM contacts"

Also there have been tons of people reporting that they got more then one 1.2 update of different sizes. Check to make sure you got all of them.
    Last edited by acidbeaver; 10/03/2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: more info
    well I updated to 1.2 and i have it. i cant find anyplace where palm says they added it although according to palms blog about 1.2 it says "The new update also facilitates links across more different flavors of IM contacts"
    can i see a screenshot please ;]
    Well I must have installed a patch for it from preware cause it is no longer there. I removed all my patches last night for 1.2.1 I don't remember downloading it though and I wouldn't have because I don't use anything but aim. Only reason I found it in the first place was because I touched the wrong button on my phone. I can't find it in the preware patches though so basically I have no idea where it can from and where it went but from the things I've read on the forums there is a way to do it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    for that to be possible i believe you have to get the messaging patch that allows you to send and possibly receive media files such as music and mp3's...you can find the patch in preware after you enable the auto patch feed
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    you can sent short music files..can't save em....an can't send vidz....aint work for me.....
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Well I must have installed a patch for it from preware cause it is no longer there. I removed all my patches last night for 1.2.1 I don't remember downloading it though and I wouldn't have because I don't use anything but aim. Only reason I found it in the first place was because I touched the wrong button on my phone. I can't find it in the preware patches though so basically I have no idea where it can from and where it went but from the things I've read on the forums there is a way to do it.
    >>>>>>>>RIght.......DEAD
    yeah the patch is called messaging attachments under messaging category in preware. Installed it on mine after patch and works great.
    Yes you can install that patch, and also if you want to save files sent to you via text message MMS, install the program Internalz as well, you can use this program to search your phones files and locate text message attachments sent to you, and move them around to either your ringtones folder etc.