1. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Tonight I tried calling 911 to report a drunk driver....except when I got to the screen about emergency mode, and tried to enable it, screen went black, nothin. Then at 9pm when my alarm goes off, it was going off for oh 15 minutes. Wouldn't wake up. Put it on the touchstone, screen lights up can unlock screen but cannot disable or shut off alarm. Nothin.

Sooo...at that point I pulled the battery, I could not even shut if off with the power button. WHat the heck?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Sounds like you need to go and exchange that noise if you're still within the 30 days of receiving it. What happens the next time you need your phone during an emergency and it goes out on you?
    i just had my touchscreen die on me today it was fine all i did was take out the battery and it happened but my keyboard and hard keys all work what the hell is wrong can i reset the pre anybody now how
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with my Pre (this is the original one I got in July). Mine also "died" or something today. I've been lucky, no real problems previously.

It was fully charged and working well before I went to work. I did not use it all day and went to use it about an hr ago and it was dead. When I touched the power button I got what looks like a battery on the screen and am assuming it's just the battery. But after being on the charge (USB) for an hour, I cannot do anything with it.

While many of spoken about battery problems in the past, I've never had my battery drain like this (assuming this is what the problem is).
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I never had my touchscreen die completely, but on my first Pre, the touch screen would be intermittently unresponsive. It would come back on after pushing the power button or using the keyboard.
    Did you do the 1.2 update? If so, and you didn't drain and recharge your battery your battery could have died. Mine did that today(died) without me even using it, but I read something about letting it get very low and recharging it...many ppl say the new update will help with battery life..Let us know..
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso View Post
    Sounds like you need to go and exchange that noise if you're still within the 30 days of receiving it. What happens the next time you need your phone during an emergency and it goes out on you?
    Im well beyond 30 days unfortunately. Otherwise Id do that. I might still go in tomorrow and ask *** is going on though.

Quote Originally Posted by lovely_olemiss View Post
    Did you do the 1.2 update? If so, and you didn't drain and recharge your battery your battery could have died. Mine did that today(died) without me even using it, but I read something about letting it get very low and recharging it...many ppl say the new update will help with battery life..Let us know..
    It had 70ish percent when it finally came back up. But now I know I need to kill it and bring it back.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Im well beyond 30 days unfortunately. Otherwise Id do that. I might still go in tomorrow and ask *** is going on though.

Your Pre is under warranty for one year. You will most likely get a refurb, but you can definitely take it back to the Sprint store and have them replace it for another unit. I was passed my 30 days when I got my first replacement.
  9. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I may go in tomorrow and check.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrz View Post
    I'm having trouble with my Pre (this is the original one I got in July). Mine also "died" or something today. I've been lucky, no real problems previously.

It was fully charged and working well before I went to work. I did not use it all day and went to use it about an hr ago and it was dead. When I touched the power button I got what looks like a battery on the screen and am assuming it's just the battery. But after being on the charge (USB) for an hour, I cannot do anything with it.

While many of spoken about battery problems in the past, I've never had my battery drain like this (assuming this is what the problem is).
    mine done this before and would not charge. I put the battery in a stand alone battery charger and that fixed the battery.
    Global Posts
    2,476 Global Posts
    Lets be happy that a drunk driver was the reason for your 911 call. Otherwise the Palm Pre could have been the reason this thread never made it into existence...

I havent had any issues with my touchscreen at all. Although I have seen others with issues...
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    True that!