1.    #1  
    i want to get all the apps/tweaks from preware, but as everybody knows QI isn't ready quite yet...

if i used the doctor from the quick install could i get back to 1.1? so i could put preware on my pre, update, then download all the crap?

or any other way to go back to 1.1? i tried a full erase, but nada...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    i want to get all the apps/tweaks from preware, but as everybody knows QI isn't ready quite yet...

if i used the doctor from the quick install could i get back to 1.1? so i could put preware on my pre, update, then download all the crap?

You can use the webOS Doctor 7/24/09 to go back to 1.1,not the one you download now from palm 9/14/09 since that one will take you to 1.2.

make sure you backup your photos,music.because webOS Doctorwill put your pre back to factory default.
  3.    #3  
    can anyone give me a link to this download?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post

Please don't do what Mad Cow said. He's technically right, but it's bad advice.

The only thing that does not work in QuickInstall with 1.2 are the tweaks and patches. Installing software through WOSQI still works just fine.

Just use WOSQI to install Preware and the Package Manager Service on your Pre.

Once we get a new WOSQI you'll have the option of installing tweaks from the desktop as well, plus the ability to do the tweaks that can't be done strictly through preware, like your own custom boot screens.