1.    #1  
    I want to get the palm pre, and I have an Unlimited Messaging plan from sprint. Not unlimited data. I get unlimited texting and 1500 units for all 3 phones on this family plan.

However, on one of my phone lines, I do have unlimited data usage,and I can use unlimited data for free.

But, when I pointed that out of the lady, she said that although I had the unlimited data on this plan, it won't work on the Palm pre. When I asked her whats the difference from the plan I need for the Palm Pre I noticed her struggling. She said that I could buy the Pre for a cheap price, but it wont work, and when I turn it on it would display an error message.

So my big question is, would it still work?

Oh and can someone give me the number for the Customer Care Department for Sprint. Not the sprint service number, the one where you just put 2 and click the talk button.

Thanks guys
    You have to have the simply everything data plan (at least the 1500min one) on your family plan to be able for ANYONE on the plan to have a Pre.

Edit: If you are on the Unlimited Messaging Family plan then it won't work even if your line has unlimited data (didn't know this was even possible). All your family has to be on the simply everything data plan from what my understanding of things are. Just wanted to clarify more.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    You have to have the simply everything data plan (at least the 1500min one) on your family plan to be able for ANYONE on the plan to have a Pre.

Edit: If you are on the Unlimited Messaging Family plan then it won't work even if your line has unlimited data (didn't know this was even possible). All your family has to be on the simply everything data plan from what my understanding of things are. Just wanted to clarify more.
    Thanks, helps a lot, also makes me really sad since I'm not gonna change my plan.

Its not possible, they added it by accident.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    You might want to look into switching could save you money, the 1500 min simply everything plan now comes with Sprints new "AnyMobile" for free which gives you UNLIMITED callings to any cell phone on any carrier... not sure how many minutes your family uses but this plan for sure keeps the minutes you are charged for down a lot
    If you don't want your Pre to raise the price of the other add-a-phone plans on your plan (and the phone number your are upgrading to a Pre is already an add-a-phone, you can drop the add-a-phone and add a separate (non-shared plan for the Pre). I did this - otherwise the three other add-a-phones on my plan would have gone up by like $40 each. If you have a small amount (like 2 phones) on the family plan (or you want to get everyone Pre's) then sharing all the phones on one plan probably makes more sense (but each phone will cost substantially more to share the plan than your old plan was).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    i had 3 phones on the family data plan... was 150 b4 my discounts ... so depends what your paying and getting now on your plan... you can now call any mobile no xcost.. unlimited data on all your phones and 1500 mins... put your plan up against it to see if it would benifit you to change but dont change it if your not sure... i changed my plan once .. didnt know that my old plan was not availible anymore , when they changed me i could not get it back...
    Just to add a little clarity and accuracy, there is no such thing as a 1500 minute Simply Everything Plan.

There's a Simply Everything Plan, and a 1500 minute Everything Data plan.

Simply Everything refers only to the fully unlimited talk/text/data plans.

Plans with unlimited text and data, but a limited number of minutes are called "Everything Data" plans.
    No she isn't lying to you, in my opinion I think Sprint did this on purpose, so if your on a older Sprint plan and you want the Pre, Sprint forces this upon you that you must upgrade to the Everything Data. Why, well Sprint is trying to get rid of people on their older plans and have them switch them over to the newer plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Close, but difference is significant, and it's one that helps contribute to the confusion.

• Everything Data plans Unlimited data (for the included device.) It may have limited voice minutes, or may have unlimited voice (the Simply Everything plan).
    • Simply Everything plan unlimited voice and unlimited data.

The Pre requires an Everything Data plan, but doesn't require Simply Everything (unlimited voice).