Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Another false promise/rumor/"heard from a good source". Again.
    Another false promise
    <----Definitely no promise was made.

rumor/"heard from a good source".
    That's why they are labeled as such.
    the app catalog is currently unavailable. Try again later. Good sign?
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    If you want to get rid of your money so bad let me know. I have a paypal account.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    To keep the theme going...

"When will then be now? SOON."

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    If you want to get rid of your money so bad let me know. I have a paypal account.
    ha. No it's not that. The reason ppl are actually looking fwd to paying is because apps that cost something might be alot better than the bs we have now.
    Maybe we'll get some apps that will give us some of the glaring functions that are missing from this phone.
    only 1 and a half hours left in the work day and still no paid app's looks to be another disappointing day as a pre owner, but they have released app's here on the east coast twice now at 7:30 so we will see. although you would think that on a friday the app store would be released well before days end to allow time to repair any issues that may arise.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    if it was going to happen today we would have seen it. like i said, next week.
    Palm will come out with apps/features/fixes/updates/benefits/enhancements/hardware/accessories/blah/blah/blah when they feel it's appropriate.

Palm may not mirror the business practices of the "other folks" and they don't have to. We Pre owners need to have faith that Palm is a big company that's been around for a long time and they know what they're doing.
    Last edited by DesertSilver; 10/02/2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: This was not to be read in an angry tone... :)
    What's with the obsession of wanting to PAY for apps?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I REPEAT: ha. No it's not that. The reason ppl are actually looking fwd to paying is because apps that cost something might be alot better than the bs we have now.
    My theory is that in order to avoid having the servers get slammed as soon as paid apps go online, they're going to do it this evening when everyone is busy with "Friday night" things. Some folks will discover it, some won't notice until tomorrow morning, and a lucky few won't roll out of bed until sometime late tomorrow evening. Maybe that'll keep the virtual DDOS at bay.
    I'm a little surprised that there aren't any "new" apps in the app store at all this week. Not even graduated homebrews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/1942421-post6.html
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Apps in Featured bar changed... But still no new apps.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Meh, we've been without them this long, a few more days won't be the end of the world.
    FWIW, I know that Palm definitely planned on today and told people today, but unless we get lucky in the next 8 hours (give Palm the benefit of Pacific time, where they are located), I guess something happened to delay the release.

That, or they got tired of us posting rumors and decided to make us wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    To keep the theme going...

"When will then be now? SOON."

Best movie ever.
    Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: Now. You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: What happened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now.
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    ha. No it's not that. The reason ppl are actually looking fwd to paying is because apps that cost something might be alot better than the bs we have now.
    Maybe we'll get some apps that will give us some of the glaring functions that are missing from this phone.
    If you think that there's going to be apps that are any different in quality from the great stuff in homebrew and in the App Catalog already, you're going to be disappointed. For one, people are just getting started with the system and the SDK. Top-flight apps take time to produce.

Besides that, with your reference to "glaring functions that are missing from this phone" also points to you being disappointed. The only glaring function missing from the phone that I see being added by the App Catalog is the coming DocsToGo that will allow for editing.

Otherwise, the stuff that you probably feel is missing just isn't possible to add in via the App Catalog. There's not going to be video recording, nor will there be audio recording, or VOIP, or anything like that yet, since there's no APIs for those in the SDK yet.

If you're expecting a huge type in the kind of apps we already have, prepare to be disappointed (and consider returning the phone and switching it out if you hate it that much / it has so many 'glaring functions missing').

What we should see though is more apps. As in people probably held back a bunch of apps in order to be able to charge for them.

For me personally, I know I can't wait to be able to buy Twee because I use it so much and because of new features.

But anyway, expect more of the same, not anything different.
    Like people told me "it took apple over a year" So we must give them 8 more months until we complain.

Train is passing by............. . . . . . ..... ........ . .....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast