Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    To keep the theme going...

    "When will then be now? SOON."

    This may be the greatest post ever.
  2. #22  
    I think you guys may be missing the big picture here.



    Ok so I have a pre and lets say my friend has a Iphone. Another person is undecided on which phone they want and they check them both out. He sees that the Iphone has every single app imaginable. Then he goes to the Pre and sees that the best app they have released in the app store is a game called Bubbles! .. Which phone do you think he will likely buy? I think Pre is shooting themselves in the foot by not unleashing the apps. "Just wait for a few months" doesn't really work well as a selling point.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    I think you guys may be missing the big picture here.



    Ok so I have a pre and lets say my friend has a Iphone. Another person is undecided on which phone they want and they check them both out. He sees that the Iphone has every single app imaginable. Then he goes to the Pre and sees that the best app they have released in the app store is a game called Bubbles! .. Which phone do you think he will likely buy? I think Pre is shooting themselves in the foot by not unleashing the apps. "Just wait for a few months" doesn't really work well as a selling point.
    Well, when will then be now?
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  4. #24  
    Also .. Whats with everything so hush hush double secret probation? Is it that hard to tell people that are begging to give you money some info?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well, when will then be now?



    Thats a good point.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathsArrow View Post
    I'm a little surprised that there aren't any "new" apps in the app store at all this week. Not even graduated homebrews.
    Is an OS version not enough?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    I think you guys may be missing the big picture here.



    Ok so I have a pre and lets say my friend has a Iphone. Another person is undecided on which phone they want and they check them both out. He sees that the Iphone has every single app imaginable. Then he goes to the Pre and sees that the best app they have released in the app store is a game called Bubbles! .. Which phone do you think he will likely buy? I think Pre is shooting themselves in the foot by not unleashing the apps. "Just wait for a few months" doesn't really work well as a selling point.
    What big picture are you talking about? Do you really think that Palm (or anyone on this forum) is unaware of the competitive advantages of having more apps available? What possible reason could Palm have to hold back applications, other than their desire to make sure the process is positive for users and developers?

    And incidentally, who's saying anything about waiting any number of months for more apps? Certainly not Palm, who's said nothing officially about when apps will be available.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    What big picture are you talking about? Do you really think that Palm (or anyone on this forum) is unaware of the competitive advantages of having more apps available?



    Obviously I didn't just post some brand new thought process. I'm just saying that it would be in their best interest to release what they can as soon as they can.



    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

    And incidentally, who's saying anything about waiting any number of months for more apps? Certainly not Palm, who's said nothing officially about when apps will be available.
    You made my point, They aren't saying anything.
  9. PalmPreee's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #29  
    My app catalog says currently unavailable. Update in progress?!??
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreee View Post
    My app catalog says currently unavailable. Update in progress?!??
    same here
  11. PalmPreee's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #31  
    It's back up, with no new apps. =(
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreee View Post
    My app catalog says currently unavailable. Update in progress?!??
    same here. I came to the site to see if it was just my phone, or if other users had the same message... might that mean we have a late night (for us east coasters) update? Oooh the suspense....
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreee View Post
    It's back up, with no new apps. =(
    *shakes fist* PPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conect11 View Post
    same here. I came to the site to see if it was just my phone, or if other users had the same message... might that mean we have a late night (for us east coasters) update? Oooh the suspense....


    That or so many people are checking that app catalog every 3 seconds that it crashed lol.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPreee View Post
    My app catalog says currently unavailable. Update in progress?!??
    For the last time.... Unavailable catalog or update screens is NOT an indication that ANYTHING is happening!!

    Why have you swallowed the Apple Kool-Aid??
  16. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #36  
    Why do you guys feel the urge to pay for apps? I was happy when all the apps were free...now some of the homebrews are going to expire and I might have to pay for them...
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    That or so many people are checking that app catalog every 3 seconds that it crashed lol.
    that was my second thought. Bumma!
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Why do you guys feel the urge to pay for apps? I was happy when all the apps were free...now some of the homebrews are going to expire and I might have to pay for them...
    The hope is new and better apps, not so much the paying.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    I think you guys may be missing the big picture here.



    Ok so I have a pre and lets say my friend has a Iphone. Another person is undecided on which phone they want and they check them both out. He sees that the Iphone has every single app imaginable. Then he goes to the Pre and sees that the best app they have released in the app store is a game called Bubbles! .. Which phone do you think he will likely buy? I think Pre is shooting themselves in the foot by not unleashing the apps. "Just wait for a few months" doesn't really work well as a selling point.
    go multitask on ur iphone and leave us be!!! please! thank you
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Why do you guys feel the urge to pay for apps? I was happy when all the apps were free...now some of the homebrews are going to expire and I might have to pay for them...
    nav, I hear ya. I think for me part of it is that it indicates that Palm is moving forward, doing new things. I think too it represents that maybe, PERHAPS, we'll see some apps with real "meat" to them. That's not saying the free and / or homebrew ones haven't been awesome - they have - but I want to see just how far somebody can take this wonderful little device.

    And I probably only speak for myself here, and that's fine, but here's a little rant that may explain my desire to see the paid apps up...

    I love the Pre, think it's a great piece of technology. It's fighting a huge marketing behemoth in Apple. Webos is a stunning new system that's in its infancy. I want to see Palm / Webos succeed. Far too frequently in the last 20 years have I seen things I really liked / that had great potential fall by the wayside due to whatever factors. The Atari Jaguar and Lynx, The Turbo Grafx 16, etc. are just a few examples of really cool technology (in my eyes) that got dominated out of their market, or where so poorly supported by the companies that produced them that they faded away. The paid apps catalog, and indeed the creation of new apps to me is validation that Palm is sticking to it. I know it probably sounds stupid, especially since the Pre just came out, but that's just the way I feel, especially given how every other day I hear "Palm doesn't have cash, the Pre only sold x amount of units while shipping xxxxx amount of units..."

    ok, thanks for letting me vent.

    =)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions