1.    #1  
    I just bought my pre yesterday and i have the webos 1.2.0, so now i have started reading some of these different threads and i am getting really confused about weather i can put anything on this phone until some new upgrades come out. Could someone point me in the right direction of where to get started i i would like to start customizing my phone and so im not restricted to the apps that palm offers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Go the the Homebrew forum - there is a sticky thread there that will explain everything to you.

Suffice it to say WebOs Quick Installer and filecoaster will get you started - just don't expect all the tweaks to work at this point.

Great stuff in that forum - be prepared to spend some time reading and learning.

And welcome to the world of Pre'!!
    You can also download the apps in the app catalog, such as they are.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Footballpro46 View Post
    I just bought my pre yesterday and i have the webos 1.2.0, so now i have started reading some of these different threads and i am getting really confused about weather i can put anything on this phone until some new upgrades come out. Could someone point me in the right direction of where to get started i i would like to start customizing my phone and so im not restricted to the apps that palm offers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    go to the top of your screen where it says apps tjen click on homebrew (how to) or some thing like then then find the quick install thread and read up on that and learn how to add preware on your pre, good luck that should start you out good
    You could also with WebOS quick install get Preware and will be ableto do all the patches from your phone.