1.    #1  
    there are a few people I text with that I can't find in my messaging app. But when I type their names in, the conversation comes up with month old texts. But I can't just click on messaging and see their names. Anyone else have this
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Yep, me too. It just started with 1.2. I know of a fwe other people having this problem too. Hope they will resolve it soon because its really annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by foofhgter View Post
    there are a few people I text with that I can't find in my messaging app. But when I type their names in, the conversation comes up with month old texts. But I can't just click on messaging and see their names. Anyone else have this

BRO! i thought that it only happened to my phone. It happened to me and i send it to the tech. He told me to update it to webos 1.2. I updated it and i still have the same problem. I had to put all my songs and picture in my computer and do a master restart. I'm not having the problem anymore after doing that ;]
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foofhgter View Post
    +1
    I just noticed it happening to me today. I had just finished sending a text when I noticed a text coming in. I opened the text, read it, and gestured back to the text app to message another person. That's when I noticed the text from the person that I had just read was gone. I went ahead and texted that person back (by using the + in the text app) and was able to read our conversations, but when I go back to the app that person is nowhere to be found. Very confusing, and I need a fix for it because I text more than I talk and I need to keep track of my texts.
    yes, with 1.2 when you swipe away a convo, somehow there is a bug that deletes the contact from conversations. To fix this you need to unlink the contact from google or facebook, whatever you sync with. Then delete them from your phone and then delete them from facebook or google. Restart your phone then enter the contact back to facebook or google and manually sync your contacts...this should put them back on your phone...restart phone again...and you should be all set....a long process but it will make sure you don't delete convos again till palm gets this fixed.....
    Just wanted to let ya'll know that this was not introduced in 1.2. I had this problem long before the update. I only had the problem when I had really long conversations with someone over a period of several days. I am now in the habit of deleting my conversations every day or 2 to make sure they don't get too long. I haven't had an issue since I started doing this. Hopefully this is something Palm is aware of and can fix it in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog197804 View Post
    yes, with 1.2 when you swipe away a convo, somehow there is a bug that deletes the contact from conversations. To fix this you need to unlink the contact from google or facebook, whatever you sync with. Then delete them from your phone and then delete them from facebook or google. Restart your phone then enter the contact back to facebook or google and manually sync your contacts...this should put them back on your phone...restart phone again...and you should be all set....a long process but it will make sure you don't delete convos again till palm gets this fixed.....
    thanks for the help it worked great not too difficult either. i hope palm fixes this issue too. also i noticed that my pre is not backing up ***? must investigate