1.    #1  
    OK few days with this new WebOS update, I now notice my screen dims in & out a lot. PRE is not even hot, maybe a sensor I just never noticed? Thanks all...
    This is Normal, the screen brightness changes based on the brightness of ambient light in the room
    what do u mean dims in and out? after about 10 seconds of not touching the screen it dims down and then 10 secs later turns off,.....is that what its doing?
    My screen will dim while I am tapping on it. Very strange.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Same thing happens to me. It's not the same dim as when you don't touch your Pre for a while and the display is about to turn off. It's more of a subtle dim, I was beginning to think my Pre is faulty.
    I noticed this as well. It happens while i touch the screen too. I saw this in 1.1 as well.
  7.    #7  
    No it dims while touching screen I just want to be safe since I'm on my 30 days still.
    Im guessing it must have something to do with auto dimming like Jalapeno said.
    But your not alone!

P.S. Viva East LA!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    It's just the sensor, when you put your hand over it to tap something, it sees less light, so it turns the brightness down. No worries, it's supposed to do that.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    Im guessing it must have something to do with auto dimming like Jalapeno said.
    But your not alone!

P.S. Viva East LA!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    It's just the sensor, when you put your hand over it to tap something, it sees less light, so it turns the brightness down. No worries, it's supposed to do that.
    I'm sure it is, thanks everyone...Cheers!
    Speaking of the sensors though (which are on the top right next to the ear speaker - you can see them in certain light), I wish the screen brightness and dimming was as useful it as it is on Blackberries. During the day with the Pre, my screen is never bright enough when the sun is out and at night it is too bright - unless I manually adjust the brightness.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Is there a way to get the display to stay on (unless manually turned off) when it's plugged in to a power source (i.e. not running off of batttery)?

I'd like it to stay on all of the time when plugged in, and dim and then turn off when running on battery. I can't figure out how to do this, though.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Speaking of the sensors though (which are on the top right next to the ear speaker - you can see them in certain light), I wish the screen brightness and dimming was as useful it as it is on Blackberries. During the day with the Pre, my screen is never bright enough when the sun is out and at night it is too bright - unless I manually adjust the brightness.
    Agreed. I keep my display all the way down, but sometimes during the day (in bright light, that just doesn't cut it). At night, it's fine, perfect for me, and saves batter life, like whoa. I just wish I didn't have to manually turn it up when I go outside during the day...