1.    #1  
    When I search for directions, it says "Current Location Not Found". "Please make sure you have a clear view of the sky"
    But if I click on "Map and Traffic", there I am so it obviously can find me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepymonkey View Post
    When I search for directions, it says "Current Location Not Found". "Please make sure you have a clear view of the sky"
    But if I click on "Map and Traffic", there I am so it obviously can find me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    make sure "gps" is turned on in the drop down menu on the locate me program....also close and reopen sprint navigation. fixed it for me
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    may need to reboot the phone if all else fails. I have had to do that on occasion.
  4.    #4  
    I've tried everything including rebooting and it still doesn't work. This is very frustrating. Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I get that a lot too - last time was on the 405 with clear skies in the heart of LA

previously I tried switching between "airplane mode" but that didn't work last time. I don't use it much because of the spotty performance.

A reboot may be the best option but I usually need a quick direction and can't afford a 2-minute reboot.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Sorry I can't offer a solution either, but I have encountered it semi-frequently. Sometimes it's just a matter of time and they all of a sudden it works with no rhyme or reason.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I nearly always have to launch navigation, close it, and then relaunch it. That seem to do the trick.

I had installed the GPS toggle app so I could avoid this tedious process but that didnt seem to help.

If i keep GPS on all the time then it seems to work OK>
  8.    #8  
    This is such BS. This is really the only problem i've had with my pre.
    Generally, navigation is one application you don't want to have spotty performance.
    That happened to me when I first tried to use Sprint Navigation. A reboot fixed it. Some have had success with leaving Sprint Nav open but bringing up the phone card and entering "##677# (GPS) and selecting the option to 'Get Fix' then switching back to Sprint Nav when it's got a GPS lock.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I just let it check the " map and traffic " first. This will get the GPS going in about 1 minute or less.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyheli View Post
    I just let it check the " map and traffic " first. This will get the GPS going in about 1 minute or less.
    I'll try that out next time I need to use Sprint Nav - thanks!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Since the upgrade to 1.2, my Pre no longer locates me 'dead-on" as it use to using 1.1. With the WEbos 1.1 navigation, it would find me to the point that I could see my apartment in the satelite view as well as the correct room I was located in.
    Now after the upgrade to 1.2, the GPS cannot locate me correctly. On numerous attempts it currently locates me about 3 to 4 blocks away from my correct location and when I go to perform a Drive To Search, it returns the same error as the OP. Current Location Not Found. I have toggled GPS on and off as well as Using Google... no joy. I think they may have missed something.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Most of the time mine locates me perfect. A few days ago it showed I was in San Francisco when in reality I was in Phoenix. The next day I checked again and it was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qigate View Post
    Since the upgrade to 1.2, my Pre no longer locates me 'dead-on" as it use to using 1.1. With the WEbos 1.1 navigation, it would find me to the point that I could see my apartment in the satelite view as well as the correct room I was located in.
    Now after the upgrade to 1.2, the GPS cannot locate me correctly. On numerous attempts it currently locates me about 3 to 4 blocks away from my correct location and when I go to perform a Drive To Search, it returns the same error as the OP. Current Location Not Found. I have toggled GPS on and off as well as Using Google... no joy. I think they may have missed something.
    If you go into the "Location Services" menu and then click on "Preferences > Locate Me Using" do you have GPS checked? What about Google Service? On the prior screen, do you have Auto Locate on?
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    If you go into the "Location Services" menu and then click on "Preferences > Locate Me Using" do you have GPS checked? What about Google Service? On the prior screen, do you have Auto Locate on?
    Yes, I had all those checked and re-checked. Nothing on or off changed the phones ability to locate me. What I just did now, that seems to have fixed it, was a full power down via the power button and reboot. That cleared the phone and it now finds me as before. I don't know if there is any difference with a Device Info reset and the power button, but the power button cleared it out. I had performed a reset via the Device Info and that did not seem to change anything. Who knows, but a good ole fashion power-off, power-on always seems to fix things.
    That happen to me allot and when anything else work I remove the battery and that does it.
    Try turning WiFi off first.
    That happened to me two weekends ago when I needed it most. I closed, re-opened the program...nada. I rebooted both Pre's (my wife's had the EXACT same problem as mine), still nada. So we drove all weekend in a foreign city without this core app. Then, when I got home, I toggled the GPS from on to off. I closed the program, reopened it, and switched GPS back on. That did the trick for me.
    It's a very nasty problem. I haven't found a foolproof way to fix it, but this WILL work to get you a GPS signal when you need it.

When in Sprint Navigation (when it's searching for GPS), minimize the app and go to your dialer.

Enter ##GPS#

Tell it to get a fix.

Once it's found it, minimize or close that and go back to your Sprint Navigation.

It will now route properly for THAT session.