Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone having trouble with Flixster since the upgrade? I can open the app but can't locate theatres near me. There is an error message about long/lat. Google map works fine.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just, checked. Mine works fine.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Just checked here too. Working fine.
    mine doesnt work either... if anyone finds a fix please post. i like flixster
    Mine doesn't work either.
    Working fine here. Remove and Re-install?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't work either. It posts the same message as the original poster has. I have an unmodified Pre...

EDIT: After a wipe and reinstall, I still don't get any information for any theater near me, but now the error message reads simply:

Cannot retrieve movie information for this location. Rather than the odd lat/longitude thing...
    Last edited by jvaudio; 10/11/2009 at 12:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Weird, same problem here.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    mine wont receive showtimes either
    Yeah it will find my theater, but it can't retrieve any showtimes.

Is it just me or does anyone find the loading time for Flixster pretty rediculous? I mean, it's a pretty bucket of pop corn, but I don't like staring at it for 20 seconds until the App opens. Nothing worse than being with a girl, trying to show her how spiffy your phone is and show her what movie you wanna take her too, and she starts tapping her fingers asking what's taking so long? lol
    Same here, it will find the theatres but no showtimes. I even removed and reinstalled with no success. No big deal though, Fandango is just as good IMO.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah it will find my theater, but it can't retrieve any showtimes.

Is it just me or does anyone find the loading time for Flixster pretty rediculous? I mean, it's a pretty bucket of pop corn, but I don't like staring at it for 20 seconds until the App opens. Nothing worse than being with a girl, trying to show her how spiffy your phone is and show her what movie you wanna take her too, and she starts tapping her fingers asking what's taking so long? lol
    Yeah I was always pretty unhappy with the load times, but what keeps it on my device is because it uses RottenTomatoes as its source for reviews. So if I know what I want to see and want showtimes I will just load Fandango.
    Same here will not get showtimes. Pretty weak sauce if you ask me, 1.2 has been up for a while.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    yep rotten tomatoes reviews is the only reason i use flixter over fandango...
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    Same here, that and I always have trouble with trailers playing on Fandango.
    Follow Me On Twitter
    Check Out My Blog/Podcast: The Gadget Gurus
    Can anyone confirm this is a 1.2 issue and not a server-side issue? I just tested it and run into this problem of not showing showtimes.
    My showtimes don't work either in 1.2.1 (never tried the app previously) :-( I tried both entering ZIP codes and also using the location feature, but neither work.

I find Fandango to be a faster app, but like others said, I want rottentomatoes reviews.
    Yeah I keep both around for different reasons. I use Fandango now to look up showtimes, and use Flixster for reviews and for info when new DVD's/Blurays come out.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yeah I've been having the same problem. Not able to retrieve showtimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoppy785 View Post
    It's funny isn't it? I guess you can't get reliable ratings in the same app you're buying tickets with.

Having same problems with showtimes location. Started with 1.2 I believe.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast