1. Zob
    I was using Google Maps this morning for an hour or so (probably irrelevant) and then turned off my Pre to conserve the battery, which was still at about 50%. Ten seconds later I realize that I need to make a call and so I try to turn my phone back on again and...nothing. The power switch didn't work, and neither did pulling out the keyboard. It was completely dead. Fortunately I happened to have the USB cable on me so I plugged it in to an outlet and got the bootup screen. A minute later everything was back to normal and my battery meter was still at 49%, right where I'd left it.

Meh. Anyone else had something similar happen to them? I'm thinking it may be time to get the phone replaced as defective.
    It sounds like it turned completely off for some reason. That's pretty weird. Could this have been the dreaded shuts-off-when-you-close-the-keyboard issue?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  3. Zob
    I was not using the keyboard at the time.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Sounds like the keyboard thing I know you said you weren't using it.

I'd clean the contact points on the battery and phone. Use a pencil eraser on them I did this as I was having frequent shutoffs and this solved my issue.