Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    At least, it's good so far, lol.

This is my 3rd Pre, 2nd refurb. The first re-furb I got was a total POS. The manager at the Sprint store I went to was really nice and ordered a replacement right away and before I went in, he opened every box and found the best quality Pre he could find.

This 3rd Pre has a reconditioned date of 08/21/09 and it's the best Pre I've had so far. The slider is very solid and so far no glitches, freezing, etc. It's better than the ORIGINAL Pre I got back in the beginning of August.

The 2nd refurb had very bad Oreo and suffered software glitches constantly: freezing, offline mode, randomly going into airplane mode, etc.

The manager asked if I was a happy customer and I said, "Yes!"

Btw, for those of you in Orange County, CA...go to the Sprint store in Aliso Viejo and ask for Steve. He's the best Sprint rep I've ever talked to.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Awesome!
    ive been wanting to no how the refurbs are, been meaning to get one. wish i had a better sprint store in my area. the one here sucks. i been there and they said they would get one for me and give me a call when its in. 2 weeks went by and i ended up going back and they told me that the phone had to be checked out again to see if i got water damage in between the time they last checked it. they would call in for another one to get sent out because they no longer have the one that was there for me cuz they can only hold it for a week. so why didnt they call me! lol but thanks for posting this, i think i will go out of my way and go to another sprint store.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    ive been wanting to no how the refurbs are, been meaning to get one. wish i had a better sprint store in my area. the one here sucks. i been there and they said they would get one for me and give me a call when its in. 2 weeks went by and i ended up going back and they told me that the phone had to be checked out again to see if i got water damage in between the time they last checked it. they would call in for another one to get sent out because they no longer have the one that was there for me cuz they can only hold it for a week. so why didnt they call me! lol but thanks for posting this, i think i will go out of my way and go to another sprint store.
    Wow, that sucks. Where are you located?

I was hesitant about getting a refurb the first time around and when I ended up getting a bad refurb, it had confirmed my fears. I started to wonder if maybe I should just accept the phone for its flaws because it wouldn't be likely that I'd really get a good one. Well, after having the first refurb for 3 days I couldn't deal with the issues anymore as they affected the actual functionality of the phone. When I talked to the manager he actually said it was a good thing I brought it back because every customer he's seen with a loose slider (basically Oreo effect) has had numerous issues with their phones.

So I posted this giving people with faulty Pre's at least some reassurance that there are good refurbs out there. Even if it takes a couple tries (or more!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    At least, it's good so far, lol.

This is my 3rd Pre, 2nd refurb. The first re-furb I got was a total POS. The manager at the Sprint store I went to was really nice and ordered a replacement right away and before I went in, he opened every box and found the best quality Pre he could find.

This 3rd Pre has a reconditioned date of 08/21/09 and it's the best Pre I've had so far. The slider is very solid and so far no glitches, freezing, etc. It's better than the ORIGINAL Pre I got back in the beginning of August.

The 2nd refurb had very bad Oreo and suffered software glitches constantly: freezing, offline mode, randomly going into airplane mode, etc.

The manager asked if I was a happy customer and I said, "Yes!"

Btw, for those of you in Orange County, CA...go to the Sprint store in Aliso Viejo and ask for Steve. He's the best Sprint rep I've ever talked to.
    Congrats!! im still on my original pre (got it at the beginning of august - build date is 7/8/09. hey 789 haha ) but yeah if i have any troubles, one of my friends works for sprint, and he does a pretty **** good job of helping me out

glad it worked out for you
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Oh, and both my replacements were at the store within 2 days. Pretty fast service!
    btw on ur refurb phone what does it say what the hardware revision is under the ##786# on ur phone?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    btw on ur refurb phone what does it say what the hardware revision is under the ##786# on ur phone?
    It says "A". What does this mean?
    It says "A". What does this mean?
    Oh ok mines A too. i think its just like their hardware version number. like if they change anything it would be B and then C etc. just wondering if when they referb something if they change the hardware revision. apparently not :P
    Wow, that sucks. Where are you located?

I was hesitant about getting a refurb the first time around and when I ended up getting a bad refurb, it had confirmed my fears. I started to wonder if maybe I should just accept the phone for its flaws because it wouldn't be likely that I'd really get a good one. Well, after having the first refurb for 3 days I couldn't deal with the issues anymore as they affected the actual functionality of the phone. When I talked to the manager he actually said it was a good thing I brought it back because every customer he's seen with a loose slider (basically Oreo effect) has had numerous issues with their phones.

So I posted this giving people with faulty Pre's at least some reassurance that there are good refurbs out there. Even if it takes a couple tries (or more!)
    Im out there in chitown
    its getting cold out here you enjoy your cali weather! haha
    ya i had that fear. i was like well if the refurb wont be any better i might as well just stick with this one. but now that i know, i will make time to go to that other store. hope i find a cool person who understands. and doesnt blame me for not calling the store to see if my phone has arrived! can you believe that, blaming me. who does that! haha
    Im out there in chitown
    ya i had that fear. i was like well if the refurb wont be any better i might as well just stick with this one. but now that i know, i will make time to go to that other store. hope i find a cool person who understands. and doesnt blame me for not calling the store to see if my phone has arrived! can you believe that, blaming me. who does that! haha
    Hey im out in chicagoland area too d*mn this cold weather!!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Nebraska too... not ready for it
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Oh ok mines A too. i think its just like their hardware version number. like if they change anything it would be B and then C etc. just wondering if when they referb something if they change the hardware revision. apparently not :P
    Gotcha.

I asked the manager what they do when they "refurb" a Pre and he said they basically do a full reset and replace the housing. Seemed to have worked with the one I just got!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Im out there in chitown
    Ahh...ya...I live by the beach and it's in the 70s and sunny right now! Hehe Sometimes I wish we had four seasons, though. I love the changing color of the leaves in the fall!

Oh, I should mention that I originally purchased my phone at Best Buy. I didn't even bother going back to them for a replacement. I went straight to Sprint each time and they ordered a replacement, no questions asked.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    This will be my 3rd Pre.. 1st one started shutting down for no reason.. The current one that I have, the touchscreen stopped working even after taking the battery out several times, no responsiveness at all. I called Tech Support and they ordered me a phone. I think it's been delivered to my house today.. how will I know if it's a refurb or a new one?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdlmtl View Post
    This will be my 3rd Pre.. 1st one started shutting down for no reason.. The current one that I have, the touchscreen stopped working even after taking the battery out several times, no responsiveness at all. I called Tech Support and they ordered me a phone. I think it's been delivered to my house today.. how will I know if it's a refurb or a new one?
    Dial ##786# when you get your new phone and a new screen will pop up showing build date information for your phone. If it's a refurb there will be a reconditioned date shown. Oh and the recon status will say "yes".
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ms. Kady. I bought my phone from Best Buy and need a replacement because the GPS will not find my location. I thought about a refurb but the one in the mail was trash so I sent it back. Best Buy takes 7 days to 'try' and repair your phone then give you a new one. I'm assuming that's the reason you decided to go with sprint? If I do that it's sayonara to the Best Buy insurance!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hey Ms Kady, I live in Lake Forest so thanks for the tip on the Aliso store. I got my Pre at Best Buy in Lake Forest. It didn't take long to figure the guys in the Kiosk at Laguna Hills Mall don't know much about th Pre.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibbermcgee View Post
    Hey Ms Kady, I live in Lake Forest so thanks for the tip on the Aliso store. I got my Pre at Best Buy in Lake Forest. It didn't take long to figure the guys in the Kiosk at Laguna Hills Mall don't know much about th Pre.
    Awesome! Ask for Steve Demos and tell him that the chick with the 400 photos on her Pre sent you, lol.
    Ahh...ya...I live by the beach and it's in the 70s and sunny right now! Hehe Sometimes I wish we had four seasons, though. I love the changing color of the leaves in the fall!

Oh, I should mention that I originally purchased my phone at Best Buy. I didn't even bother going back to them for a replacement. I went straight to Sprint each time and they ordered a replacement, no questions asked.
    ya we went from spring to winter! dont even no where the summer was, and it seems like we are skipping over fall. get your winter gear out, its going to be a bad one!

haha you enjoy your weather sweetie, i will be making an igloo soon enough! at least there are always plenty of ways to stay warm

and yes the bestbuy is not the best place. i had a buddy get his phone there, and there protection plan is $10 a month and its takes 7-14 days to get your phone back. so if anyone got that, make sure you cancel that if its not to late and get it over at sprint for the $7 they charge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast