Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    i'm one of what appears to be a large group of folks that feel a little crippled without a good working processor.

dataviz pops up that wonderful "thinking of you" page when you visit their website and look for pre software, and i think it sucks that we don't have the ability to prod them directly.

but, we do, i think.

they have a facebook page and i'm going to start putting my "when is it gonna happen" question there as often as i think about it.

it is here if you would like to join in.

maybe if we put our distress in public view on their wall, their priorities might shift a little in our direction...

who knows.
    I have been doing so as well. A few days ago they announced that their iPhone app would gain Excel capabilities or something. I commented and asked about Pre version. Someone else did as well. Here was their response:
    webOS version is in development. Late this year or early next year we hope to have something available for you. I'll keep you updated!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I 100% agree. I need to be able to edit doc's natively on the Pre for work & school. Documents to Go works OK on Classic. However, one major limitation is I cannot copy information from the browser into a document. Also, trying to hit the small buttons on Classic slows things down way too much. BUT ~ I also want Dataviz to get it right the first time. So I will try to remain patient.

Did you see the below exchange on Facebook? EARLY NEXT YEAR!!! That will really try my patience!

Rolando Celis Are there any plans to launch a decent version of D2G for the palm pre?August 26 at 12:21am

DataViz, Inc.Yes there are! Planning to release later this year/early next year, depending on some device updates and whatnot. We'll keep you updated.

August 27 at 4:05pm ReportRolando CelisThx for your answer. This is a good phone and is gaining acceptance, universal applications such as yours will make it more attractive.

August 27 at 5:27pm ReportPaul HudsonToo bad it didn't male it out by "end of summer" as I seem to remember we were told when the pre came out. Oh well, no choice but to wait.....
    Well,, if DataVIZ doesn't get there crap together...i'm getting rid of this phone....totally useless without editing capabilities
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I keep my 755 handy (unplugged) to edit currently - we have a love/hate relationship right now.

I wouldn't consider letting my pre go for lack of office capabilities, it just does too much for me to part with it -

docs to go would be a real bonus though