Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have not seen this on the boards so maybe it was just me but I am posting this in case anyone else has had the problem....

After up-grading to 1.2 I lost being able to conect through EVDO..... Contacted Sprint and the sent me to their "advanced" trouble shooting team who asked me to do a half a dozen things, restart, refresh network settings, (said not availible), restart...... Went into Best Buy, the Manager took the battery out...... Everything was fine...... Seems like this problem does not reset with phone you have to take the battery out to get it to come back.... He said "when all else fails take the battery out, it seems to do a better restart..... Hope this helps someone.....
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Not a problem I have had, but may be useful in the future. I'll give you a thanks
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Same problem here, though my Ev worked for a bit after the update. It stopped however after I did a sync with iTunes. Now running a quick test I get a Code 20 Modem fail.

I've tried the battery thing, on and off. Resetting the settings. Time to bring in the Web OS Doctor.

Edit: Web OS Doc FTW! that fixed it. I'm glad too cause the build quality is fantastic on my pre and I didn't want to exchange it out
    Last edited by darkfox; 10/03/2009 at 10:19 PM.
  4. o14
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I have this problem too!

Anybody have any advice on how to fix it??

I tried the two solutions in this thread, taking the battery out and WebOS doctor, but to no avail, I'm still not getting EVDO. And to make it worse, once I ran WebOS doctor, it did a full restart, and now it can't sign into my Palm Profile (no evdo) making my phone completely useless!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkjmk View Post
    I have this problem too!

Anybody have any advice on how to fix it??

I tried the two solutions in this thread, taking the battery out and WebOS doctor, but to no avail, I'm still not getting EVDO. And to make it worse, once I ran WebOS doctor, it did a full restart, and now it can't sign into my Palm Profile (no evdo) making my phone completely useless!
    I am having this same problem now my pre is useless anyone knows wat can I do???