Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've used web browsing on my pre just about everyday since I've owned it and now this new update screwed everything up, its slow, the screen is not as responsive as it use to be. Now I'm just ****ed off... Am I the only one having this problem?
    could be. i upgraded today and it is just as fast, if not faster, than before with 1.1
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    my download speeds actually increased a whole 200kbps on average. i tested multiple times at the same time of day and in the same spot. its ALOT faster than before
    yea my internet browsing increased by at least 20% everything runs faster now? dont know why you are havin probs weird...
    I think the browser loading speed increased for me as well.

The new animation for zooming (double-tap) is a "meh" for me though. I kind of liked how it snapped to zoom. This animation blurs the page as it zooms in which kinda puts me off, but I can deal with it.

Also the newly implemented/forced diagonal scrolling is also an unwelcome change, but with practice, I've mostly been able to avoid it.
    I think the browser loading speed increased for me as well.

The new animation for zooming (double-tap) is a "meh" for me though. I kind of liked how it snapped to zoom. This animation blurs the page as it zooms in which kinda puts me off, but I can deal with it.

Also the newly implemented/forced diagonal scrolling is also an unwelcome change, but with practice, I've mostly been able to avoid it.
    web browsing is so much smoother with 1.2
    The extra checker boarding is borderline unbearable.
    I've had issues with pinching to zoom in or out. When I take off my fingers, if they happen to be over a link, it will click the link. This didn't happen before, and I tested on another Pre with 1.1 and then 1.2. It was fine with the previous version and only does this on 1.2. It's been pretty annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by bassd00d View Post
    I've had issues with pinching to zoom in or out. When I take off my fingers, if they happen to be over a link, it will click the link. This didn't happen before, and I tested on another Pre with 1.1 and then 1.2. It was fine with the previous version and only does this on 1.2. It's been pretty annoying.
    Yeah, that's been happening to me too... And also alot more checkerboarding.
    Add to that how our typing goes off screen now while we're in a text box. And stupid me thought they were actually testing this BS during all those delays. They were probably on a beach somewhere, sippin' on piņa coladas.
    My only complaint with the browser since 1.2 is the broken text boxes. If you type a lot of info in a text box (like a forum, with multiple lines) and minimize the browser to read something (Say an email, to keep replying to multiple points) the text box no longer scrolls to show what you are typing. I have had to type it in memo's, than copy/paste to browser. PITA.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    web browsing is amazing. It was great with 1.1, and now with 1.2 its even better. Faster smoother, easy to log in and log out on web sites. Best part. It opens sites in desktop mode and not the wrothless moble mode.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    webOS doctor it..