Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutbuck View Post
    To have a PalmPre with 3G in Iusacell, you can get it since 200 pesos (less than 20 USD) to have unlimited data
    Definitely going to check that out when I go on vacation down their.
    im so jealous scoutbuck, need a pre now, but m in Barcelona.

Saludos amigo, soy palmman de los foros de mi palm y palmpdamexico, nos seguimos en twitter, un saludo.
    Hi, Im from Mexico and Ive been writing on PoderPDA how to configure Palm Pre to work full on Iusacell.

Thanks to PreCentral an WebOs-Internals we are a lot of Mexicans surfing on Palm Pre.

I already configure 66 Palm Pre, many of them thru logmein, so I think in Mexico we have more than 400 PalmPre working.

I have to made a subdomain to put all the things about Pre in PoderWebOs

We all are reading PreCentral all time

Ricardo Hernandez (ScoutBuck)
    CEO PoderPDA
    Ricardo, This looks very interesting! I guess I'll have to re-learn my Spanish (or run it through a translator) if I want to read about what you all are doing. This is really terrific! Great to hear about your success!
    Last edited by sudoer; 10/03/2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: corrected typo
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  4.    #24  
    Hi, Im from Mexico and Ive been writing on PoderPDA how to configure Palm Pre to work full on Iusacell.

Thanks to PreCentral an WebOs-Internals we are a lot of Mexicans surfing on Palm Pre.

I already configure 66 Palm Pre, many of them thru logmein, so I think in Mexico we have more than 400 PalmPre working.

I have to made a subdomain to put all the things about Pre in PoderWebOs

We all are reading PreCentral all time

Ricardo Hernandez (ScoutBuck)
    CEO PoderPDA
    Great you configured all those phones.
    Grande hayas configurado todos esos telfonos.

Glad to know you
    Me alegra conocerte
  5.    #25  
    I am not a developer, but this is on their website, now translated to English

Banner Iusacell en WebOs 1.2.1
    PoderPre
    Code:

and the lines

change of
    $('appname').innerHTML = this.carrierText
    change by
    $('appname').innerHTML = $L("Iusacell");

These lines can be changed by 444, 483, 831

My solution was to backup the file bar-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $the$ $fields$ $modificated$, $I$ $put$ $it$ $in$ $Palm$ $Pre$ $memory$ $and$ $made$ $a$ $substitution$ $or$ $replace$ $the$ $file$ $using$ $the$ $commands$

mount -o remount rw /

cp /media/internal/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$

reboot

with a few steps we have lusacell banner

Note: Just chekced briefly the bar-assistant and didnt finf importants fields, but if some one knows it, please show it, this is only an experiment and make it under your responsability

First Please back up your file with the command

cp /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$systemui$/$app$/$controllers$/$bar$-$assistant$.$js$.$bak$
    im for christmas vacation in mexico city and i added the plan for data world wide for 40 bucks a month and it gives u unlimited data...and ive been checking everyday online if the unlimited part is correct....and ive used a bit over 4.5 gb of data and no extra charges!!!....of course minutes r like $1.65 and ive used 82+ which is around 130 bucks but thats normal for me...but yeah the 40 dollar data worldwide is a life saver
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Perhaps a little off topic here, but a related question for those Sprint customers who vacationed in Mexico:

Did you add the International-NorthAmerica roaming option ($2.99/month) to your phone during your trip? If so, I understand this was supposed to reduce phone calls to $0.20 each, but that the data was still $2.00/MB. If you left the data on during your stay, how much did the extra roaming data end up costing you? (I don't really want to start a thread to ask, but I'm curious. Hopefully this is a quick answer and not too far of an off-topic diversion.)

thx, -- Bob
    there is only a worldwide data plan for sprint for 40 bucks a month gives u unlimited data...no plans for calls just the normal 1.65/ minute rates
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12