Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    First of all, I want to say. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Honestly palm pre is the best phone I ever had, and i can go on with the same reasons you all expereince everyday But the phone itself is not the best part. Pre Central, and all the other websites make it so easy to workaround the phone and homebrew. The whole team of Pre Central and everyone who uses it deserve a clap on the back.

NOw Lets get to my problem, Everytime I am on a call and another person calls. I can accept their call, but then I do not know how to drop the call. It only gives option for End All Calls, or to switch between the calls. How do I get rid of only one call? Im a N00b Yes i know :P but I am sure all you lovely people will be there to assist me

Thanks for Reading!
    Quote Originally Posted by pre456 View Post
    First of all, I want to say. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Honestly palm pre is the best phone I ever had, and i can go on with the same reasons you all expereince everyday But the phone itself is not the best part. Pre Central, and all the other websites make it so easy to workaround the phone and homebrew. The whole team of Pre Central and everyone who uses it deserve a clap on the back.

NOw Lets get to my problem, Everytime I am on a call and another person calls. I can accept their call, but then I do not know how to drop the call. It only gives option for End All Calls, or to switch between the calls. How do I get rid of only one call? Im a N00b Yes i know :P but I am sure all you lovely people will be there to assist me

Thanks for Reading!
    Theres another thread somewhere, but to end a call and go back to the other one......its a CDMA thing (CDMA is the technology that our phones use)....to do it you have to end both calls.....and then your phone calls you back (says call from "unknown number") and when u answer it youll be talking to the other person. its really weird but you dont really "end both calls" to the other person, it would just be like your flashing back over again. try it out sometime.

i dont really understand WHY CDMA phones do that, all i know is that after reading another topic on here about it - they just do.

hope that helps
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    it helps alot, wow lol and i do know a lil about CDMA but didnt know that dyam. Thanks alot i thought i would figure it out myself, but i would never come up with that haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    i dont really understand WHY CDMA phones do that, all i know is that after reading another topic on here about it - they just do.
    I can confirm that.

I wish he was wrong, but he's not. It's a CDMA thing.

At least it's easy to switch back and forth on the Pre. My last phone was a Samsung M520, and in 2 years I was never able to figure out how to switch back to the first caller.
    swap calls and the other person will end when he cant be arsed to wait
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    haha i like shaffaaf's idea better, except people will get mad lol. Another thing I wanted to know.

my pre does not open wid one hand.. like if i hold it up with my up from the bottom, like say the gesture area. It wont come up. ill need to use both hands. i can open it fine with my thumb over the gesture area. the pre that i own also twitches from the left side but i heard thats how a pre is made?

My question is i still have 3 days, i could replace it. But dont want to go thru the hassle of rooting and all over again. Should I?
    the pre that i own also twitches from the left side but i heard thats how a pre is made?
    The first Pre i had did give a little side to side. It bugged the hell out of me because i thought something was wrong with it. It never caused any damage so i quit worrying and i eventually just accepted it. Then the power button on the top broke so Sprint replaced the phone for me and the new one i have doesnt have that problem. Sure its got just a tiny bit of slack but its nothing like the first one i got the day the phone was released. I guess its just something they fixed after the innitial production