Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    i installed the new update, and now when i hit the launcher icon all i can get is the search card....cant get to any apps or settings pages.

HELLLLPPPP!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    i installed the new update, and now when i hit the launcher icon all i can get is the search card....cant get to any apps or settings pages.

HELLLLPPPP!!!!!
    This is usually caused when you fail to do as you're told, and remove all tweaks and patches before letting the phone update.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $fix$ $to$ $to$ $use$ $the$ $WebOSDoctor$ $to$ $flash$ $your$ $phone$ $back$ $to$ $the$ $factory$ $settings$ $and$ $start$ $over$.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Well i did do that, but still have this result.

WebOSDoctor wont recogize the phone is connected...now what?
    Well i did do that, but still have this result.

WebOSDoctor wont recogize the phone is connected...now what?

If you click on search, and then "advanced search" you can search for posts by user names. Search for my username, and look at any of the 15 or so times I've explained this in other threads in the last weeks. I've heard my how-to's on the subject are quite good.

LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Let me copy and paste one of my previous answers to this question:

1) Turn your Pre completely off. If the lock screen is so messed up that you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.

2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.

3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.

4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.

5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.

6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor. It should be a .jar file. When you double click on it, depending on what OS you have and what other software you have installed, it may try to open it like a .zip file. This is NOT what you want to do. If that happens, close out whatever opens, and then right click the WebOSDoctor and select "run with Java" or something like that.

7) From there, you'll get a nice friendly program that you will basically just dumby-click though.

*note - WebOSDoctor will NOT work if your battery is dead. So, if your battery isn't charged, just plug it in to charge for an hour or two first.
    To get WebOSDoctor to recognize the phone, try this:

1. Turn off the phone
    2. Hold the volume "up" key
    3. Plug phone into computer
    4. Turn on the phone

Will the doctor recognize the phone after it boots up this time?
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    If you click on search, and then "advanced search" you can search for posts by user names. Search for my username, and look at any of the 15 or so times I've explained this in other threads in the last weeks. I've heard my how-to's on the subject are quite good.

LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Let me copy and paste one of my previous answers to this question:
    Thanks man that did the trick.

Now what do i need to do to put all my apps back in again, as well as MyTether? Do I need to root it again?
    Where do you get the latest version of the quickinstaller?
    Well first of all, the latest version of the quickinstall is useless for anything beyond installing apps. If you try to install any of the tweaks you'll either brick your phone and have to do it all again, or it will just not work.

Essentially, you are starting from scratch. Your Pre will be just like it was when you pulled it out of the box. In other words, to get all your stuff back, you'll have to do exactly what you did to get it there in the first place, except tweaks can be installed through Preware as patches now, and they can't be installed through WOSQI.
    just do a search on webos quick installer it will get you there lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    ok thats great...i may sound stupid LOL but im new to all this phone stuff...so the help is appreciated.

Hers goes...what is Preware? Can i get all the tweaks I had before with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Well first of all, the latest version of the quickinstall is useless for anything beyond installing apps. If you try to install any of the tweaks you'll either brick your phone and have to do it all again, or it will just not work.

Essentially, you are starting from scratch. Your Pre will be just like it was when you pulled it out of the box. In other words, to get all your stuff back, you'll have to do exactly what you did to get it there in the first place, except tweaks can be installed through Preware as patches now, and they can't be installed through WOSQI.
    the only patch i see is the keyboard ???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Hers goes...what is Preware? Can i get all the tweaks I had before with it?

Alright, you seem nice enough, so I say this to be helpful, and not to be a jerk.

Look it up yourself.

There is a WEALTH of information on this site, and if we sit here all day answering your questions, you'll miss out on all sorts of useful stuff you might never have found if it weren't for doing a little digging on your own.

None of the stuff we're talking about is hard to find, and none of the questions you're asking are unusual.

Seriously, spend and hour using the search feature, or just browsing. If you've still got questions, I'll answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the only patch i see is the keyboard ???
    It may not be there, it's been up and down, but if you go to "list of everything" and search for "autopatch" you'll find a simple app that adds the autopatch feed to Preware, allowing you to install the better part of 60 different patches, one of which I wrote last night.

If the autopatch feed installer isn't there, just check back later.
    which one did you do ??? and thanks a million i have been dying to get my tweaks back !!!!
    ok now where do i find them lol i dont see where they r now?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    nevermind got it sorry lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    which one did you do ???
    With a good bit of help from the folks at #webos-internals, I made the one to hide the music player. I never use the built-in music player, because music player (remix) is 1000x better, and I know a lot of folks use other music players too, and just don't need to have that one in there.

There was an older music player patch in there last night with no description, and it may have been for the same thing, but it wasn't 1.2 compatible so I wrote a good one with a useful description.