1.    #1  
    Ok i searched and it appears that no one besides me is having this issue.

I have a launch day pre and have not had any problems... I waited a couple days to download the update to see what everyone was saying.

I installed the update a day or so ago and am now having wifi connection issues.

If i am directly next to the router the pre picks up the wifi signal and will connect but if i walk away at all bam!! its gone. I have tried this on 2 different networks today both with my pre and my ipod touch. It is not the network (one is my private, and the other was a public one @ work.

I called sprint and all they could tell me to do was try to do a clean reset of the phone... i didn't want to do this so I had her transfer me to palm and they wanted me to try resetting my phone which i had done a number of times today to no avail.

so i finally broke down and did a partial erase and came up with a clean 1.2.0 and still have the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with wifi? if so is there a fix or did my release date pre take a dump?

opinions please?

p.s. pretty stock os before update, no preware, i did have roam only hack and a few homebrew apps but did not have problems with previous update. I am thinking that my wifi issue is just coincidentally happening around the same time as the update.
    i have noticed that immediately after the updat my wifi wont go back above three bars when just hours before the update it always was full with four bars anywhere in my home.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Mine keeps failing to connect at home, loops between 'connecting' and 'association failed'. Though oddly enough my roommate's phone connects just fine and he is also on 1.2. Has worked perfectly since launch day, so ???

Haven't modded anything in relation to wi-fi or the radio, and Palm's only suggestion was to use WebOS Doctor.

Have tried rebooting the phone different ways, rebooting the router, resetting the password on the router, etc. Am also having problems connecting at work so it doesn't seem to be isolated to my setup at home.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Mine keeps failing to connect at home, loops between 'connecting' and 'association failed'. Though oddly enough my roommate's phone connects just fine and he is also on 1.2. Has worked perfectly since launch day, so ???

Haven't modded anything in relation to wi-fi or the radio, and Palm's only suggestion was to use WebOS Doctor.

Have tried rebooting the phone different ways, rebooting the router, resetting the password on the router, etc. Am also having problems connecting at work so it doesn't seem to be isolated to my setup at home.
    thats exactly my problem!! Glad to hear palm was as helpful with you as they were not with me!!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Of course now I get home and it connects just fine...

So, no idea honeslty
    Did you try Device Info app>scroll down to More Info>Preferences tab (top left corner)> Quick Tests and Interactive Tests?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blarneystone View Post
    Did you try Device Info app>scroll down to More Info>Preferences tab (top left corner)> Quick Tests and Interactive Tests?
    No i hadnt thought of that thanks. Thought id give it a rest and see if it got any better but no luck today @ work. still doing the same stuff.

thanks for that, I will try those tests now!! will report back!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrfj View Post
    No i hadnt thought of that thanks. Thought id give it a rest and see if it got any better but no luck today @ work. still doing the same stuff.

thanks for that, I will try those tests now!! will report back!
    Quote Originally Posted by blarneystone View Post
    Thanks for that suggestion. Calls to both sprint and palm yielded nothing but a suggestion to reset the device or erase and start over.

booyahh!!!! just ran the quick test and got a code 25 wi-fi problem!!!
    looks like I'll be getting a new pre!!
    Now how do I ensure i get a new one? Palm, sprint, or Best buy?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Huskrfj, I have exactly the same problem. Ran the tests and got Code 20, modem. I haven't had any problems with this phone and hate to take a chance with a refurb.

You know the "modem" problem doesn't make much sense. I did change the channel on my router and that seems to have solved the problem, for now anyway.
    Last edited by Fibbermcgee; 10/02/2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding what worked for me
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibbermcgee View Post
    Huskrfj, I have exactly the same problem. Ran the tests and got Code 20, modem. I haven't had any problems with this phone and hate to take a chance with a refurb.

You know the "modem" problem doesn't make much sense. I did change the channel on my router and that seems to have solved the problem, for now anyway.
    Mine says Code 25 hardware Wi-Fi

I called palm back and they had me do the webOS doctor, I did, and I still have the same problem.

uughhh!!!!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Here's what Palm tells it's employees about error 25

valid MAC, not registered on a network

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on and try to reconnect

2. Perform a Restart

3. If unable to connect, advise customer to try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network

4. Advise customer to troubleshoot their Wi-Fi Home network (this error generally points to a home network issue)

This is from /insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/ They have all the quicktest codes broken down.

My modem had shown as bad because I had data usage turned off.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibbermcgee View Post
    Here's what Palm tells it's employees about error 25

valid MAC, not registered on a network

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and back on and try to reconnect

2. Perform a Restart

3. If unable to connect, advise customer to try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network

4. Advise customer to troubleshoot their Wi-Fi Home network (this error generally points to a home network issue)

This is from /insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/ They have all the quicktest codes broken down.

My modem had shown as bad because I had data usage turned off.
    thanks for the info.

yeah i heard the palm guy mumbling something along the lines of what you are saying.

I have tried this on 2 different (Working fine, confirmed on my ipod touch) networks and get the same results,
  13.    #13  
    so I decided to go to my local sprint store and see what they had to say... Well, they are sending me another pre in the mail which I'm sure will be a refurb I will see when it comes how it looks but def won't accept a oreo pre! Will update when I get my "new" pre
    I also am getting the error 25.

No networks show up under wi-fi prefs when it is searching for networks.
    If I select "Join network" and type in the correct SSID for either of my home or work networks, I get the error "No network of that name with that security setting was found."

Any ideas on the the next steps I should take?
    Aslo having strange behavior since 1.2.1 but cant seem to isolate it very well.

It does seems that at times I am NOT connected to the wifi network even though the wifi symbol is showing and if you swipe the upper right menu it is listing the correct wifi network.

Also having inconsistant connections with my Airave at home.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hmm, every time I am not connected to any wireless network I get error code 25.
    As soon as I connect to one, the phone passes the test.
    I think the error code is just a symptom of not connecting to anything.
    I've had the same problem. I can get Wi Fi to work again after I either shut off/restart the Pre or shut off/restart my modem. Otherwise I keep getting the Connecting...Association Failed..Connecting loop problem. I also get Error Code 25. What's up with this?
    i'll add my name to the list.....bell palm pre.....lasted all of three days.....error code 25...